Chapter Ten

I was crying again as the flashbacks of my torture had come fresh in my mind. Finn looks over at me and then rests his hand on my knee.

"I'm sorry Finn, I just-" I started.

"No Kuro, you were just tortured it's okay, I'm not going to judge you." He glanced at me again.

I quieted down after that until I realized something. Where were we going?

"Finn?"

"Hm?" is all he replied with.

 "Where are we going?" I asked hesitantly. FInn was Vanessa's friend, I wasn't sure if I could trust him after I saw what Vanessa just did to me.

"A hotel room." He stated, "Just for tonight, incase Vanessa was working with anyone. They could come to her apartment looking for you." I eyed him suspiciously.

"Fine." We pulled into a hotel. "What about my stuff?"

He parked the car and looked at me, "I kinda... stopped by the apartment and packed your stuff...it's in the trunk."

"Oh.. thanks." He opened the trunk and I pulled out my suitcase.

I pulled out new clothes and changed in the car.

Finn and I walked into the lobby together after I finished changing, my suitcase dragging behind me. I sat down while Finn checked into the hotel room for us. He gestured me over and I followed him to the elevators.

The little ding went off and Finn helped me with my suitcase. We got to floor 5 and walked to room 545. Finn slid the key card and opened the door for me. I thanked him as I walked in.

It was a medium sized hotel room, a bed, couch, small kitchenette, and small bathroom. Finn came in after me and shut the door. I set my suitcase down and collapsed on the couch.

"Ugh, I'm tired." I complained. Finn sat across the couch from me and sighed.

"It's been a long, tough day for you. I can see why." We both sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"I'm hungry, you want to go out to dinner?" I asked, my stomach growling. Finn heard my grumbly stomach and looked at me funny.

He laughed, "Sure, let's go."

We walked down a few blocks to a small restaurant. Ordering some dinner we chatted while waiting for our food to be served.

"So about today-" I cut him off.

"I don't want to talk about it right now." He nodded, understanding.

"Can we talk about your powers?" Finn looked at me. I realized he had only seen my powers when I first shifted at dinner and against Vanessa. I played with my fork for a minute and then brought my eyes to him.

"Sure. My, uh, mom called it shifting. She told me when she was dying, I didn't really know what it meant till a few months ago."

Finn just sat there. "So you can turn into anything you want?" We both laughed.

"For all I know just animals, but I never tried anything but animals." Our dinner arrived and we both talked and laughed. Not the evening I expected after being tortured by my so called "best" friend.

......

When we got back to the apartment we talked about what would happen now. It went like this.

*Flashback*

"So what's going to happen now? I can't live with Vanessa anymore, and I don't have any family or anything..." He pondered this a minute.

"I don't know Kuro, I could take you to my parents house..." I gasped.

"Wait what?! You would do that for me? You would give me a place to stay?!" I said excitedly, running up and hugging him. Finn was surprised at first then hugged me back.

"Of course I would, I would do anything for you." He breathed. We hugged for a few more moments before I awkwardly backed away and laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Thank you Finn, thank you a lot." I smiled at him. "Want to watch anime with me?" He grinned and nodded.

*Flashback ends*

We watched anime for hours that night, early into the morning. When I started getting tired Finn let me have the bed when he slept on the couch. Right as I was drifting to sleep Finn asked me something.

"Kuro?" He asked through the darkness.

"Yes?" I answered sleepily.

"Will you...go on a date with me?" I was speechless for a minute until I regained my voice.

"Sure." I pulled the covers farther over myself trying to go to sleep. "Goodnight Finn."

"Goodnight Kuro."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Updated! Finn and Kuro are going on a date!!!! Hehehehe, how's that going to go?!

Comment what you think so far, and don't forget to vote, follow and read!!