Chapter Four

Vanessa helped me push the last piece of furniture into place. It had been a week since she invited me to move in. We had gone out and bought some new furniture for my room.

I clapped my hands together and looked around my newly furnished room.

"It looks great!" I squealed. Excited to finally feel at home for the first time since my mom died.

"Yes it does." She said. We had bought a small dresser and a desk. I chose to sleep on a mat on the floor, it's more comfortable than a bed. We had also purchased fuzzy blankets, pillows, books, and some training supplies.

"I need to head out to the grocery store," Vanessa said, interrupting my daydreaming. "Want to come?"

"Sure!" I tied up the laces to my worn down high top Converse and we headed to her small car.

•••••

We pulled up to the mini mart and I unbuckled my seatbelt. Vanessa grabbed a cart and we walked through the automatic doors.

I guess Vanessa is the type of person who loves to eat healthy. She put fruits, vegetables, healthy stuff. She also picked up some pasta she said we would eat tonight.

It all cost $98.49, so much. I've never had that much money since I've been living on the streets. Vanessa put the cart away and we carried the bags to the car, but a guy came up and greeted Vanessa.

"Hey Vanessa, how you doing? I haven't seen you around lately. Um, who's this?" He said, looking in my direction.

"Oh, hey Finn. This is my new friend Kuro." I extended my hand to shake his.

"Hey my name is Kuro. Nice to meet you Finn." He shook my hand.

"You seem cool Kuro." He said. His eyes were dilated, he had a plain black t-shirt on and some jeans. He was wearing Vans, my favorite shoe brand.

"Anyway, Vanessa. I was wondering if you had the book I was asking to borrow?" Finn looked back at me and turned away when we made eye contact.

"Oh, shoot." Vanessa murmured as she was digging through her purse. "I'm sorry, Finn I think I forgot it. You could come and stop by my house later though." She explained.

"Okay sure." Finn glanced at me one more time and smiled. He walked away and got into his car. As soon as he shut the door Vanessa turned to me.

"Oh my gosh, Kuro!!!!"

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Finn totally likes you!" She said excitedly.

"What. No." Finn liking me? "We just met." I argued.

"No I could totally see it in his eyes." She said back. We got into the car.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Vanessa." We both laughed. The rest of the ride home was silent.

-----------------------------
WARNING- the next chapter will be kinda short.

Did you guys like it?