Chapter Six

Someone knocked at the door. I hesitantly opened it and saw Finn standing there. He was wearing formal clothing and was holding a rose.

"This is for you, Kuro." He said looking at me. I was shocked.

Taking the rose I replied, "Oh thank you Finn. Such a gentlemen." I smiled at him and he smiled back. Vanessa came up next to me.

"Hey Finn-woahh." Looking at the rose and then to Finn and I. "Finn come on in. I need to talk to Kuro for a second." Vanessa grabbed my arm lightly and led me to my room.

"Ok, if you don't see that he likes you now." She said gesturing the flower as I put it into a vase of water. "I don't know what will."

"He was just being nice." I questioned if that was it. We had just met a few days ago.

Vanessa laughed. "Sureee...."

We walked back to where Finn was standing awkwardly looking around.

"So Kuro, you moved in with Vanessa?" He asked.

I nodded. I was about to say something when Vanessa hollered, "Dinners ready!" I gave Finn a strange look.

"Weren't you just coming to pick up a book?"

"Oh, well Vanessa asked if I wanted to stay for dinner. If that's okay with you?"

I just nodded and sat down at the table.

Vanessa had cooked up some chicken and vegetables. Did I mention she was kind of obsessed with "healthy eating" and "dieting" things. Not saying those are bad, but we never have any sweets around here.

Actually, there was one time when our favorite character in the anime we were watching died. We went and bought two cartons of ice cream and ate them together.

Snapping back to the current time I realized Finn was trying to talk to me.

"Kuro? Earth to Kuro?" When I stared at him blankly Vanessa and him both laughed.

"What? Sorry. I space out sometimes." I stammered.

Finn looked at me sweetly and I blushed, I turned away before he could see.

I could see myself liking him. I had had one relationship before. It was pretty serious. A guy named Gus had asked me out junior year. We dated until senior year and then my mom died. I shut down and pushed him away. After that he tried to get back together with me, but I was so angry at the world I didn't let him.

"I was just asking if you were done?" Finn was looking at me again.

"Oh," I looked down at my plate. Most of my food was gone. "Yes, yea I am." Finn smiled at me again. What was that? Like 4th time?

He reached over and took my plate along with his to the sink. My eyes met Vanessa and she did some head motions towards Finn. I shook my head. An evil grin appeared on her face.

"Hey, I'm just gunna head to my room. You guys can talk more." She. Didn't. Just. Do. That.

I looked at her pleadingly. She shook her head again and pointed to Finn. I ran my finger from my eye to my chin like a fake tear.

Vanessa turned around and laughed as she headed to her room.

I sat down on the couch in our living room and Finn sat next to me. I looked at him wide eyed.

"Kuro, can I tell you something?" Finn looked at me.

I fidgeted in my seat and looked down at my hands, "Um sure."

"I-I think I'm in love with you." I snapped my head up to look at him.

"Finn can I tell you something?" Finn looked at me in surprise. He nodded.

"We can't ever be together." I said blankly.

"What?! Why?!" He stammered out.

"We just can't." I said quickly and stood up.

"Kuro, is it because you just met me?" He stood up too and stepped closer to me.

"No it's not that."

"Then what is it?" He pleaded.

"I can't tell you, it's just, complicated." I couldn't tell him I could shape shift. I can't tell anyone. Vanessa had seen me and she promised to keep my secret.

"Are you, already in a relationship?"

"No, I told you Finn it's just complicated. You wouldn't understand."

"Oh so now you're calling me dumb?" He glared at me.

"What no!"

"Then why can't you tell me?!"

"Fine! You want to know so bad here!"

I screamed. I took all my anger into changing. I had no idea what animal I would end up being but I guess it was freaky because Finn looked at me in horror and backed away.

I screamed more and I heard it come out as a roar. Changing back to human quickly before I made to much noise.

Shifting had taken a lot of energy out of me and I collapsed on the couch.

"Kuro.." He started.

I put my hand up. "Don't."

He just looked away. I thought I saw a tear rolling down his cheek. "You think that will stop me from wanting to be with you?" I stayed silent not knowing how to answer. "Well it won't!" He yelled and stormed out of the apartment.

"Finn! Finn wait!" Too late, he was already going down the steps into the dark night.

Vanessa came up behind me. "What's wrong Kuro?" I was crying now. I ruined everything.

"Finn, I think he-he hates me now!" I cried. Vanessa hugged me.

"Hey, hey it's gunna be okay. I can run to the store and get ice cream. We can watch anime all night long if you want." I just sniffled and sat down on the couch, nodding.

"That would be nice." She looked at me before grabbing her car keys and heading out.

-----------------------------
It turned out longer than I thought. But what do you guys think??