Chapter Twelve

My mind slowly came back to the present. I tried to move my hands, but they were tied, along with my feet. I screamed as flashbacks of my recent torture came fresh in my mind. Forcing my eyes open so I got the image of Vanessa out of my head.

I was in a fancy room. Expensive, looked like a government facility. The walls were clean, metal, gray. The multiple tables around the room were plain and sleek. Various tools were around the room. Some hanging on the wall some on the tables.

I gasped my chest hurting remembering Vanessa to much. Speaking of whom, a sliding metal door opened and she stepped inside. I stared in shock, but quickly regained myself and glared at her.

"Vanessa how are you alive?! Finn said he killed you." I spat at her.

She just looked at me blankly and walked across the room writing down different things on her clipboard. Totally ignoring me!

"Vanessa..." I growled at her. She continued to ignore me. I tried shifting but I couldn't. What did they do to me? Finally, she came up to me and shined a flashlight in my eyes, scribbled more on her clipboard and walked out. I just stared blankly ahead. What else could I do?

Multiple torture and testing devices filled the room. I just thought the worst. Are they going to use those on me? Why can't I shift? What's going on? Finn!

Finn turned me in. At least that's what it seemed like. He betrayed me!!! After all this time. I should've known I could've never trusted him. He's just like Vanessa!

Wait, what if-No! Great now I'm talking to myself. Just shut up about Finn he's gone now.

The sliding door opened again and a man in a white lab coat came in. He had glasses on with a clipboard.

"Kuro Deem." He looked at me then back to his clipboard. "Am I correct?"

I wasn't going to say anything to these people. They were bad people. If Vanessa worked with them I couldn't trust any of them. No one could be trusted anymore, not even myself...

"I'm taking that as a yes." He broke my thoughts. "Age, 18. Moved to New York City, mom is deceased, dad out of the picture. Never graduated high school, no job, living on the streets. I think that's all. Oh wait, has the power to shape shift." He scribbled some stuff on the clipboard. I couldn't stay silent anymore.

"Let me go!" I yelled. He just looked up at me. "You're mistaken! I'm the wrong person." I screamed. He stepped closer to me.

"No I think you are the right one. I think his name is.... Oh yes, Finn, the guy you were with, gladly turned you in. Said you were Kuro Deem."

I spat on his face. He just wiped it off with the back of his hand and continued doing whatever doctors or whatever he was do. I glared at him as he took my blood pressure and felt my heartbeat.

When he was done he sat in an armchair staring at me. I was lying down on a metal table that was propped 45 degrees up.

"Any questions?" He asked curiously.

"Where are we?"

"Texas." Texas?! That was very far away from New York City. How long have I been unconscious?!??

"Who do you work for?" I asked. He looked like a normal lab doctor.

"It's called the FDSI." He explained standing up and walking to the table. I couldn't see what he was doing. "It stands for Future Dedicated Studies and Investigations." He turned around and was holding the longest needle I had ever seen in my life.

Stepping up real close to me he whispered in my ear, "And you Kuro Deem, are the start of the new age." I sucked in my breath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye guys! Hope you like it! Please give feedback. I like to know what you guys think of my story.

Comment, vote, follow!

-Dragon