Chapter Seven

Vanessa has been such a great friend lately, she's been very helpful heling me control me powers. It's been 2 weeks since the dinner with Finn. I haven't tried to talk to him since that night. I was never good at handling drama. Maybe after awhile I'll get the guts to do it. Vanessa has been talking to me about him, she said he'll come around. I just hope she's right, I feel so bad for acting like that.

On a better note, normally when I first started shifting it took almost all my energy out of me. Now that I've been doing some physical endurance and exercise it's slowly been getting easier and easier. Also, now that I live with Vanessa and she mostly always only eats healthy vegetables, fruits, protein foods that's been a great help too. I've been practicing most animals I know.

From golden eagles to pandas, to roaring tigers. Since we live in a small apartment with close neighbors Vanessa and I go to a remote park for the, larger, animals. It doesn't seem real to me, I feel like I'm living a dream. When I shift I know I'm still the same person, but at the same time I feel like I don't know who I am. It's hard to explain, I wish I could talk to my mom about this shifting. If she knew I had powers she must've had them too. How did she cope with this? Every time I shift I feel this, this, darkness, like some hidden power deep inside me that wants to take over every time I change to animal form.

Yesterday, I shifted to a common New York mutt to explore the streets unnoticed, while also harnessing my powers. I had a different perspective on the city as when I was human, everything seemed bigger and better. Not many peopled stared at my dog form as I walked around. There were a lot of homeless dogs in the city. I trotted around abandoned alleys and parks filled with people.

Happy parents rolling their children in their strollers. I wished I could've had that when I was growing up. Couples eating lunch in expensive restaurants, kids walking their dogs. Innocent, innocent people who seem to not know anything about the world, I've always been jealous of them, the ones with perfect families and lives. It wasn't fair I only grew up with one parent with barely any money to survive. Meanwhile, so many other families buy their kids whatever they want, while I had to work my butt off to end up giving up most of it to pay for our apartment room.

I concentrated on shifting into a bird to fly up to our balcony of the apartment. I felt myself change and flapped my way up to the right room. Vanessa was yelling something, she wasn't alone. Keeping my senses up I looked into the window from my position on the balcony railing. I nearly fell over when I saw Finn. He looked mad at Vanessa for some reason and argued back and forth with her. Watching a little more, intrigued, before changing back to my human form and opening the sliding glass door. Both Vanessa and Finn turned around, obviously surprised to see me.

"Kur-Kuro, what are you doing here?" Finn asked awkwardly lifting his hand to his hair.

"Oh I was just, out on a walk. I could ask you the same thing Finn." I said, eyeing him suspiciously.

He opened his mouth, but Vanessa spoke before he could. "Finn was just leaving." She blurted quickly pushing him towards the front door. "Weren't you Finn?"

"Oh ok. I guess I am. See you around Kuro?" It came out as more of a question than a statement.

"Um, I guess?" Vanessa smiled before slamming the door in his face. She turned around to me, but stayed silent.

"What was that about? I heard you guys arguing." I asked curiously,

Vanessa stared at me as if thinking what to say. "Oh, you know he was-we were just-Finn just wanted." She stammered out, "I was trying to get him to forgive you for dinner." She looked around the room nervously.

"Dinner?!" I laughed, "That was like weeks ago." Vanessa didn't look at me.

"He holds grudges. You know?" She forced a laugh, "Anyway I'm going to bed." She said quickly and practically ran to her room.

That was weird. I thought to myself and shrugged, Vanessa being Vanessa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think is going on???? Update next chapter soon! Sorry for the wait.