Chapter Eleven

The next two weeks had passed by quickly. Finn and I traveled from hotel to hotel, just in case someone was after us, but I couldn't imagine who. Staying in numerous hotels must've cost him so much money and I felt bad.

We often hung out and talked about whatever came to mind, we watched so much anime and Netflix I lost count how many hours we spent on the couch watching from his laptop. A few times he had to take phone calls that he had to go outside onto the balcony. I wonder what those could be about... Oh well, Finn wouldn't hide anything from me.

Finn was really nice, he didn't force me to talk about what Vanessa did to me, but sometimes I would open up and tell him little snippets. I tried not to think about that night, it brought back to many powerful memories. We had become really good friends and after two weeks I felt I was ready to go on the date with him.

"Hey Finn?" I called. He called back from the small kitchen in our hotel.

"Yes Kuro?"

"How about we go on the date you said you would take me on tomorrow?" I hollered back. I heard him drop a pan, shocked.

"REALLY?!" He said cheerfully running into the room where I was. He hugged me and spun me around.

After I finally stopped laughing and caught my breath I relied, "Course. You are the one who asked me out, right?"

"Ye-ye-yes I did, bu-but I-I didn't expect you to say ye-yes and have it actually happen!" Finn looked really happy, I mean REALLY happy, I swear his smile was the biggest I'd ever seen.

"I mean if you want to cancel..." I teased.

"No of course not!" Finn pulled out his phone and I heard him dial a number. "One second, I'll be right back." I just nodded and he walked out to the balcony. I saw him talking, then he was frowning and then what looked like pleading. Finn looked at me then quickly looked away when he saw I was already looking at him from inside.

He nodded a few times then wiped his eyes and stepped back inside.

"Everything okay?" I asked hesitantly.

He nodded and kissed me on the top of my head, then walked back to the kitchen.

"Everything's fine," He reassured, picking up the pan he dropped.

"Okay then..." Still not sure if he was okay for sure or not.

.....

Finn had put a blindfold over my eyes because he said he wants it to be a 'surprise'.

I laughed as I felt him drive over a pothole. The whole car lurched forward.

"I'm not much of a good driver, sorry." I laughed and was anticipating what our date could possible be when Finn announced we were here.

"Can I take the blindfold off yet?" I asked curiously.

"Nope, one second Kuro." I heard Finn get out of the car then open my door. He led me out and we walked a few yards out until he murmered, "You can take it off now, Kuro."

I reached my hands behind my head and untied the knot. Removing the cloth from my face I gased when I saw where we were.

There was a beautiful view of New York City and we were on a large grassy hill with a picnic cloth spread out on the ground. It was around noon so the sun was out with clouds in the sky. I turned to Finn and thanked him. He just miled at me and grabbed my hand and led me to the picnic he had pre-prepared.

We talked about our lives and what we did before all this happened with each other while we ate. Finn was a really nice to talk to, I enjoyed it. Eventually we were both silent for a few mintues, just enjoying the beautiful day and view. Finn spoke up.

"Can you show me your powers?" He pleaded.

I just nodded and shifted into a rabbit almost instantly. I had grown stronger with my powers, it was considerably easier than it was when I first started shifting. Finn's eyes were wide and I made little bunny noises as I hopped around the clearing.

I decided to really impress him and went and hid from him, changed into a polar bear ran straight at him and roared as loud as I could. The look of sheer horror on Finn's face took me back to human form, and collapsed on the ground, laughing my head off. Eventually Finn started laughing too.

I changed more animals for Finn. Currently I was a red panda snuggled on his lap. He was petting my back, and I took a short nap. Lunch was amazing, finn had handmade all the food, he was as good as professional chef.

Getting up I stretched my legs and changed back to human. Finn was lying down in the grass. I went over and layed down next to him, He sighed happily and looked over at me.

"This has been the best day ever, thank you Kuro."

"Oh, you're welcome, I didn't know you enjoyed spending time with me that much." Finn stared at me in disbelief.

"I love every single second I have with you." I blushed and looked away. I felt Finn bring my head to look at him and he leaned his head down closer to mine.

Time seemed to stop and I was certain he was going to kiss me until he went closer to my ear.

"I'm sorry Kuro, so sorry..." He trailed off and brought his head up and kissed my forehead. I felt tears coming onto my face, not my own, but Finn's.

"Finn what are you talking about?" That's when I heard it. People rushing forward out of hiding.

"Put your hands over your head and don't move!" An unfamiliar voice yelled.

Finn got up and backed away from me, a frown plastered on his face. I followed the strange mans orders and did what I was told. A look of horror appeared on my face as I saw Finn being escorted out by strange men in black uniforms.

"Finn!" I yelled until a guy stuck a needle into my neck.

I screamed as I felt the liquid entering my blood stream. It must've been some sort of sedative because the next thing I knew I blacked out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH NO!? What's happening to Kuro???! Find out in the next chapter!

Please comment what you think so far! I love hearing your feedback.

Don't forget to follow, vote, and read! Thank you all fellow Shifter readers!

>_<                -Dragon