Chapter Thirteen

I screamed again as they stuck yet another needle in me. The tests, they had been going on for weeks. Everyday they would test me. I don't know what they're looking for, but it's not good. They take my blood, I've lost so much already. My body has become frail and weak due to almost no food or water. I get, maybe a meal a day and two cups of water. One in the morning one at night.

Whenever the tests are done for the day two guards throw me into a cell. It looks like a prison cell. Simple bed with thin mattress and a blanket. Toilet in the corner and concrete walls with a security camera in the corner. There's also metal bars for a door. Definitely seems like a prison cell.

They haven't given me any new clothes even though I've been her for 2 weeks. I can't imagine I smell or look good. I've tried to shift, but believe me it's hard when you are this weak. Plus I heard the doctor mumbling something about making a serum that can stop me from shifting. When they get that, I will be in danger. Unless someone gets me out from the outside I'll be stuck in here for the rest of my life... Which would not be good.

In the few weeks I've been here I've come up with a few ideas. I haven't seen much of this 'facility' they call the FDSI, only the halls I walk in from my cell to the testing lab. I think we're underground somewhere because I constantly hear things above us. There's no windows anywhere and all the walls are cement.

About a week or so ago, short after I arrived here the guards were leading me to the lab, handcuffed. I felt the strange feeling as if someone was watching me... I glanced down one of the halls on my left and just for a second I saw a middle aged man staring at me. I only got a glimpse of him before the guards shoved me forward again. Ever since that day I've seen that man I haven't seen him again.

Until, today. When I was being tested again the guy I saw came in. He just stuck his head in the door, saw me and quickly left. I was so confused, but pushed it out of my mind. Honestly, a strange guy staring at me, least of my worries. Today they were seeing my healing, how fast I healed.

It was worse than the normal tests. I was laying on a table, strapped down when the doctor walked up and blindfolded me. Then I felt searing pain in my arms and legs. I knew he was cutting my skin. I couldn't scream because there was a gag in my mouth, I almost choked on it.

It lasted for hours, when they threw me back into my cell it hurt my wounds even more. The iron bar door slammed shut and it was incredibly silent except for water dripping onto the concrete. I fell asleep after hours of just laying on the floor thinking everything through.

.....

More weeks passed. How long have I been here? Maybe two months. They are still doing tests on me, but I'm not sure how far along they are in their research. Sleeping was the only way I could escape this horrible, horrible place. I would dream, and when I wasn't having nightmares I would dream of Finn, my mom, the good times I had with Vanessa.

Then I would always wake up and cry when I would realize I'm still stuck here. It would take me hours to fall asleep. One night I dreamed that Finn was looking for me, eventually he found me here and right as we were about to break out of this place-

Footsteps woke me up, I had no idea what time it was because there was no daylight shining in through the window or sun high in the sky. Vanessa's face appeared in the doorway and I stood up, facing her.

"Vanessa, how, Finn said he killed you..." I started. She grinned wickedly at me.

"Oh honey, Finn lied to you. He shot his gun at the ceiling then told me to go." She laughed.

"What...He he wouldn't do that to m-me. Finn's a good person." Did Finn really lie to me? After all that time we hung out... All my thoughts were screwed up, I didn't know to believe her or not.