Authors Note

Hey what up Shifter readers! This is Dragon here, just going to talk about characters and the plot.

I had so much help from my writer friends, occasionally I would be stuck and need help, or plot twists for the story. They helped me.

I intentionally wanted a story with shape shifting, I love the idea of the power. I needed a problem, because a story about a girl being to shape shift with no complications would be no story at all. So my friend and I came up with the FDSI- Future Dedicated Studies and Investigations. The "Secret" (also not real) Government facility that captures Kuro for her powers.

Kuro is a name I found and liked when I was searching for a name in a different story. She's based somewhat off me, for liking black clothes and obviously wanting shape shifting powers. I seem to like Japanese names for characters in my books. She deserved a happy ending, so I figured, hey why not get married to Finn?!

Vanessa needed to betray Kuro so that she wouldn't trust Finn. Vanessa originally did love Kuro like a sister until she got jealous of her powers, hence leading Vanessa to work for the FDSI. Ever since I turned Vanessa evil I wanted her to die by the end of the book, which I made happen because I'm the writer and can do whatever I please. Haha.

I had Finn instantly fell in love with Kuro. He didn't want to turn her into the Government, but had no choice unless he wanted his mother and sister to die. Though I didn't show Finn's perspective while Kuro was being held prisoner, he spent most of the time searching for her. In the end I wanted FInn and Kuro to be happy together. Hehe, they are the best. >_<

Violet is the typical evil leader. Thinks she's doing the best for the world, but really she isn't. Wants what's best for the world, but ends up with ideas that will in turn kill it.

A huge plot twist I came up with half way through planning the book was having a guard be Kuro's father. That would also solve my problem of how Kuro escapes the FDSI.

A lot of the ideas I came up with I used in order to solve most of my writer's block problems farther ahead.

I enjoyed writing this book so much, and I really hope you readers enjoyed it as much as me.

If you have any questions about Shifters, feel free to comment them, even after I've finished the book, I will reply to all I can.

-Dragon