four ;; smiling sun

160411
3:52 p.m

i opened the door to the coffee shop and saw minyoung, my other co-worker still there at the counter, taking customers orders. "minyoung! you can go ahead. i'll take it from here." i said and smiled at her.

"thanks ayeon." she said and went to the staff room to get her stuff. "bye!" she said and left. i went to my staff locker and placed my backpack inside. after that, i went back out and wore my apron.

okay.. time to work.

"annyeonghaseyo.. what can i get you today?" i asked. i looked up to the customer and realized that it was youngjae. "oh? hi youngjae!" i said with a smile. his lips turned into a smile too.

"ayeon!" he said. "i'll order a cup of americano, please." he said. "is that all?" i asked, clicking the keyboard on the cashier. "mhmm." he said. i took the receipt and gave it to him. "are you going to do your homework?" i asked and he nodded. "okay, i'll fetch you your coffee later then." i said. "thanks ayeon." he said.

he walked to his usual seat and took out his school stuff. i went to the coffee machine and made his drink.

when i finished, i covered the cup and placed it on a tray. "yujin, i'll take this coffee." i said to my other co-worker. she nodded and continued cleaning the table she was at. i walked over to youngjae's table and saw him doing his homework.

"youngjae~" i called and he looked up at me. "gomao!" he said and took his coffee. i sat at the chair in front of him and read his notes. "what homework are you doing?" i asked. "physics." he said and i nodded.

"did you have any?" he asked and i nodded. "i did it a while ago at the library." i said. "youngjae, why do you always go here?" i asked and he looked at me. "i-it's quiet and i like doing my homeworks here." he said with a soft smile. "isn't it quieter at libraries?" i asked and he chukled. "yeah, but i find it here better. besides, i can always get coffee." he said.

"hey, later, what time is your dance practice?" i asked. "it's after your shift." he said. "can we go together?" i asked. "s-sure." he said and i smiled. "okay. i have to go back now." i said and he nodded.

i took the tray with me and went back to the counter. after that, few hours had passed. and i finished my shift! yay! finally. i took my apron off and went to the staff room. i took my stuff from my locker and went out. i walked up to youngjae's table and saw him asleep with his head on the table.

i tried poking his shoulder if it would work again. well, it did. hah! this feels like deja vu. "youngjae-ah~ ireona~" i said. he lifted is head and looked up at me. "ayeon?" he asked and i nodded. he rubbed his eyes and smiled at me.

aww. he looks like a baby. oh my god- i need to stop.

"did you take a good nap?" i asked with a smile and he nodded. "that's good. so are you energized for practice already?" i asked. "yeah. i think i am." he said and stretched out his arms.

he closed his eyes and stretched his arm with a yawn. i looked at him and had a smile stuck to my face. "let's go?" he asked. i snapped out of my thoughts and nodded. oops. no, i wasn't thinking. or daydreaming. nope. i stood up and sling my backpack on my shoulder.

he stood up and grabbed his backpack too. then we walked out of the coffee shop and started making our way to their dance studio.

"why do you dance?" i asked and he shrugged. "i just do it for fun with my hyungs." he said. "really?" i said and he nodded. "what do you love doing then?" i asked. "i love singing." he said. "and playing the piano." he continued.

"and my dog." he said and i laughed. "you love alot of stuff." i said. "you really are good at singing." i said. "the way you sang, feels so soothing and your voice is really unique." i said and he blushed a bit. "aww~ ahaha!" i said and smiled. "no one ever really did compliment my singing. my friends did, though." he said.

seriously? but he's freaking great at singing. "you're a great singer, and i think, one day, you can be an idol." i said and he laughed. "i really have no plans of being an idol. dancing, it's just a hobby i like to learn more about, other than singing." he said. "what about you, ayeon?" he asked. "i play the piano alot. i also write songs." i said.

"jinjja? i write too, actually. i never let anyone listen to it though." he said. "can i listen to it?" i asked with puppy eyes. "next time." he said and i had a bright smile stuck to my face.

"you know, i misjudge you." i said. "turns out, you're not a cold person." i said. "waeeee? why did you think i'm a cold person?" he asked. "cause of how i first saw you, dummy." i said and we laughed.

turns out, he's a like a smiling sun.