Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 4)

Chapter Four

Carlie woke up in the early morning hours, probably about three or four to someone knocking on a door. When she opened her eyes, she was a bit confused, she wasn't sure where she was. Then it all came back to her, she realized that her parents had sent her to a mental hospital, they wanted her to see a therapist because they thought something was wrong with her. Once she opened her door she saw one of the medical workers that worked there.

"Hello Carlie, I wanted to make sure that you were awake, here in about an hour, you will meet with our top doctor. Right now, I'm here to escort you to the bathroom, you can take a shower and change. I know this may be very emotional for you right now. We're here to help in any way we can. Do you have any questions."

"Yeah... First of all, how long am I going to be here?"

"As long as it takes to fix your problem. Days, weeks, months, or even years, some mental patents never leave."

"But I'm not a mental patient, there is nothing wrong with me. People are just too quick to judge me."

"Denial is usually the first sign that something is wrong. The sooner you get help, the sooner you can leave and go home."

"But I don't want to go home. My parents are never coming back, they will always think something is wrong with me. I just want to get out of here."

"You see, there is a sign of your problem already, you have a fear of being abandoned, you're not alone here, there are plenty of people here like you. We can't let you go, you are mentally and emotionally unstable. Now come on... Please don't be difficult, we do have bathers here. You can either cooperate and bathe yourself, or we can have someone do it for you. It's your choice."

Carlie sighed and decided that it would be better to cooperate if she wanted her privacy. Maybe if she cooperated, she would be able to leave sooner. She could fake it and hopefully get to leave. The medical worker then smiled and led Carlie to a bathroom.

"Excellent, please follow me. After your shower, you will change into a white patient gown."

"Oh come on! Can I not wear normal clothes?! This is ridiculous."

"All patients must wear the white patient gowns. Physical tests are done as well."

"Wait! I thought this was was just a mental hospital, now you're telling me that you're going to run tests on me like I'm some kind of animal? This isn't right, this is inhuman."

"It is not inhuman, we are required to run tests on the brain and body, it goes together, now please, will you get a move on? We are on a tight schedule. You are not the only patient here you know."

Carlie wanted to cry, scream, swear, and hit something, but knew it would do her no good. She then went to take her shower. She had slept in her clothes from the day before and as she took off her shirt she remembered that Bray had signed her shirt. Wasn't Bray the reason why she was here in the first place? He had signed the back of her shirt. Once she took it off and looked at it, she then realized that he had left a message on the back. Now that she thought about it, it did seem to take a while when he signed it. Her mom had said out loud that they were talking Carlie to see a therapist in Dallas. She thought that Bray was just playing along at the time and just trying to keep her hope alive, but he had said that this wouldn't be the last time they saw each other. Carlie's hope had returned as she read the back of her shirt. She read his words and smiled.

"Hang in there Carlie, I'll be coming for you. Don't tell them anything."

Carlie was slightly confused. She had already talked to the person that came to get her. Then she realized that he meant don't tell the therapist anything. Bray had already told her not to let them change who she was. After she had her shower she changed into the white patient gown and walked out of the bathroom. Then the lady that had met with her before took her to the therapist's office.