Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 15)

Chapter Fifteen

Luke couldn't believe what was happening. He realized that he had told Abigail everything. It literally broke him, he didn't care anymore. The guilt and pain had finally got to him, he turned away from her and finally let his tears flow. He didn't know how close she was and felt her touch his face. He opened his eyes now and saw her looking right into his eyes. What she did next surprised him, she leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. An old familiar feeling returned to him, a feeling he thought he would never feel again. Love, and happiness, something that he thought died with Abigail was now making its return. He finally embraced it, he wrapped his arms around her and deepened the kiss. He had always felt responsible for her death, and for fifteen years, he let the guilt weigh on his heart and mind, now things seemed different. Finally, they broke the kiss, Luke was speechless and Abigail looked at him in concern. She finally got him to speak to her but never knew that he hid such a dark secret for so long. He had kept his thoughts and emotions hidden from the world for fifteen years, he was a man broken by guilt, she only hoped that she could fix him. Right after she kissed him, she looked in his eyes and could already see signs of the old Luke she had grown up with.

"Luke...?"

He didn't really know what to say, he only looked at her, she still had her hand on his face.

"Luke I had no idea... You've felt this way for fifteen years. I saw it Luke... I saw the pain in your eyes. I always wondered why I was given a second chance, now I understand... It wasn't just for me... I'm here for you... I wasn't sent here to haunt you, I mean you no harm, all I want to do... Is help you Luke. You feel responsible for my death... I know before I died, we weren't really getting along, but I never blamed you. In fact, I wish I would have listened to you, because you were right, I just realized it too late. If I had listened to you, none of this would have happened... I wouldn't have died, we wouldn't have been separated for fifteen years, and you wouldn't be feeling this way. I want to help you Luke... I want to set your heart and mind at ease... My death, was not your fault... I want to help you find happiness again..."

Abigail had been crying too. He still hadn't said anything. She looked up at him and hugged him.

"Please... Say something Luke."

Luke looked at her, he never thought he would get to hold her in his arms, and yet here she was. He wrapped his arms around her, and breathed out a breath of relief, feeling a great deal of pressure leave his chest. He finally spoke to her.

"You have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that... All I've wanted for fifteen years is for the end to come, to have your forgiveness."

"There is nothing to forgive... None of this was your fault."

"I never told anyone about what I was feeling... I've always been afraid to tell anyone... Especially Bray."

"Why?"

"Because of how close you and Bray have always been. If he ever found out that I..."

"You didn't do anything Luke... You have nothing to be afraid of. Just talk to him... Maybe he can help."

"This... This wasn't the only thing bothering me..."

"What else is bothering you?"

"I feel like we were starting to get close again... Then there was this whole thing with Ambrose and a note I found... I thought you wrote it."

"What note?"

"Something about you knew how I felt about you and you said something about seeing other people. I was going to talk to you about it when I saw you kissing Ambrose."

Lost Soul, Now Foundजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें