Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 28)

Chapter Twenty Eight

Abigail was in pain everywhere, she had opened her eyes and even that hurt. She saw Luke, Bray, and Tyler in the room with her. She realized that she was in a hospital bed, but couldn't remember why she was there. She was hurting everywhere and couldn't move, she struggled, but called out to Luke. She was awake now, he knew she was going to make it now. He was so thankful to God that he still had her, he wiped his tears away and held her hand. Luke had his time to grieve the loss of his daughter, now he needed to be strong for Abigail.

"I'm here... I'm so sorry Abigail."

Abigail seemed confused. She didn't remember what happened, all she knew was that she was in a lot of pain. Her voice was weak but she tried to speak anyway.

"Why?"

Luke looked at her with guilt in his eyes.

"It's my fault that you're here."

Bray was still there and interrupted him.

"What did I tell you about blaming yourself? No one knew this was going to happen."

Tyler then smiled and gently hugged her. Abigail winced in pain, but welcomed the hug.

"I'm so glad you're ok."

"Tyler, be easy, she's in a lot of pain."

Tyler smiled and backed off.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm just glad you're ok."

Abigail smiled at this, but was still confused. She didn't know why she was in the hospital or why she was in so much pain. She remembered everything else, but she didn't remember the accident. It all happened so fast that it wasn't something she could remember right away.

"What's going on?... why am I here?"

Her head was wrapped up, she didn't realize it, but while they were flipping in the car in the accident, she had hit her head. She had all of her other memories, just couldn't remember the accident. Luke look at her concerned.

"You don't remember what happened? You know who we are... what is the last thing you remember?"

Abigail thought about this.

"Leaving Raw... I think... I fell asleep."

Luke put his head down.

"So you don't remember what happened after that?"

"No... I'm in... a lot of pain."

"I know... and I'm so sorry."

Bray grabbed Tyler's hand and they quietly left the room. They needed time alone. Abigail was growing more concerned now as she noticed the serious look on his face. He had been crying. She still wanted to know what happened.

"Why?... What happened?"

"We were in a car accident... the car hit on your side. It was a drunk driver... Our car flipped several times. When they finally got you out... I took one look at you... I thought you were dead... a drunk driver hit us, but I blamed myself and I blamed God for what happened. Bray talked to me... he lead me in the right direction... I believe God has kept you here."

Abigail was surprised, Luke had never been a religious man. Bray must have really opened his eyes. Luke was a changed man. He still seemed to believe that the accident was his fault, he felt guilty and believed that he should be the one in the hospital bed. He had tried to be strong, but he remembered that they had lost their unborn daughter in the accident. Abigail didn't even remember the accident, but she had been so excited about being a mother. She deserved to know the truth, Luke couldn't help but tear up again as he grabbed her hand. Abigail hates seeing him like this.