Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 5)

Chapter Five

Carlie was really sure how to feel when she woke up, but at some point someone must have come in and took off her restraints while she was asleep. She really didn't expect what would happen next. She didn't think that her parents would show up until they thought we was back to normal. She wasn't allowed to open her door. Since she had tried to run, they made sure that she was locked in her room. She was allowed to have visitors, there was a small opening that she could slide open to see and talk. She heard one of the workers call out to her.

"Carlie... We hope that you are feeling better today... We hope that you are in a better mood and will cooperate with us today. You have visitors here to see you."

Carlie got up off her bed and made her way to the door. The medical worker had left to leave them alone. She slid the part of the door open until she could see who was on the outside. She was really surprised that it wasn't her parents that had come to see her. Actually she wasn't surprised, she was pretty sure her parents weren't ever coming back for her. She was surprised at who showed up instead. Her face lit up and her hope had been restored.

"Bray!"

Bray smiled at her but had to keep her quiet and he started whispering to her.

"Shh... Carlie... We don't want anyone else to hear us... I'm here to get you out of here. I will try talking to them first, if that doesn't work, I'll figure out another way to get you out of here. Sit tight, I'll be right back."

Carlie went to go sit on the bed, she sat quietly and looked towards the door. Bray went up to one of the workers and walked walked with them until they got to Carlie's door.

"There is something about Carlie that you need to know... I think there has been some kind of terrible mistake. You see, the people that brought Carlie here are not her biological parents. She was actually just staying with them for the summer, I don't know what they were thinking, but they didn't even come to me for this decision, and honestly they have no say in what happens to Carlie. So... I think we need to take the proper steps needed for her release, whether it is paper work, or a financial issue, whatever the case may be, I want her out of here."

The medical worker looked at Carlie and then at Bray, not sure if she believed him.

"What exactly is your relationship with her?"

"I'm her biological brother, she usually stays with me."

What seemed like a lie was actually the truth, it was obvious to Carlie now that she was actually someone else and that Bray really was her brother.

"I'm not exactly sure if I should release her because the people she came here with said not to release her until we call them with her test results."

Bray's tone wasn't really threatening, but did scare the medical worker when he spoke again.

"I'm sorry... I don't think you were paying attention... They are not Carlie's biological parents and have no say in what happens to Carlie. Her biological family has requested to see her and sent me to pick her up. Are you going to help me with this, or do I need to go to someone higher, perhaps someone in charge and tell them the situation?"

The medical worker, then afraid of losing her job decided not to argue.

"No no... Of course not. My mistake. I'm sorry... I'll get right on that. For her release, there is a payment required, and there is paperwork that needs to be done."

"Fine... Whatever needs to be done."

"I'll be right back with paper work."

"I'll go ahead and make that payment. Actually, before you go get the paperwork, could you please let the poor girl out of there?"