Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 19)

Chapter Nineteen

Abigail woke up in her bed, she didn't remember how she got there. The last thing she remembered was riding in a car with Luke. She must have fallen asleep and Luke must have carried her up to her room. She felt pain in her knee, she wished she could bend it, but the cast she had prevented her from doing that. She hated laying around, what could she really do with a broken knee? She could hardly walk. She almost wished she would of had those crutches that the doctor offered her, but Luke said it wouldn't be a problem. She still needed to go to the bathroom and stay clean. Luckily, the bathroom wasn't too far away from her room. She had to figure out how she was going to get anywhere, she got up and had to balance herself on her left leg as she started hopping around trying to get to her door. She tried her best to be quiet, but the floor in her room creaked due to age. She didn't quite get to her door, she had to stop at her dresser to catch her breath and to regain her balance since she almost fell. She grew frustrated, there had to be an easier way to get around. She heard a knock on her door and then Luke's voice.

"Is everything ok in there? Is it ok for me to come in?"

"I'm ok, and yes you can come in."

Luke looked at her as she was balancing at her dresser.

"What's going on?"

"Sorry if I woke you Luke, I was just trying to get up so I could go to the bathroom and take a shower."

"You could have yelled for me, I'm more than happy to help you get around."

"I just don't like feeling so helpless, I don't want to have to rely on everyone."

"You can't help what happened, Ambrose did this."

"He only pushed me, I was the clumsy one that fell and felt my knee pop. It still hurts."

"Probably because you're up trying to walk on it. Let me help."

"I was hopping on my other foot, but I was having a hard time staying balanced. Let me get my clothes out first, since I made it to my dresser, I can at least get my clothes out first. All I need is help getting to the bathroom, I can handle the rest."

Abigail had gathered her clothes and Luke had her in his arms as he carried her to the bathroom. For the first time in a long time he felt truly happy with Abigail. They were alone and now they were together. Luke had waited for years to be with Abigail, now they were finally together. He also smiled at the memory of the night before, they shared a kiss and once she fell asleep in the car, he held her in his arms like she was the most precious thing in the world as he carried her to her room. Abigail noticed how happy Luke was.

"Wow... I haven't seen you that happy in a long time."

"I finally have a reason to be."

Abigail smiled back at him and kissed his cheek as he set her down.

"You're so sweet Luke."

"I'm going to go fix us some breakfast. Call for me when you need me."

"Ok."

Luke left the bathroom, closed the door so she could have privacy, and went down the stairs to start breakfast. Abigail couldn't really stand in the tub, and she couldn't get her cast wet so she couldn't get in the tub. She had to sit on the toilet and balance herself, it was much easier said than done. She had to lean over under the faucet as she washed her hair. She had a wash cloth with her, she used the body wash she had and cleaned herself the best way that she could. It was tricky drying off and getting dressed, it took much longer than it usually would have, but she was finally clean and dressed and called for Luke. He came up and knocked on the door first.