Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 30)

Chapter Thirty

To Luke, it seemed like Abigail was finally getting over the heartache of losing their little girl before she was born. He was sure that the pain would never go away, but he was going to be there for her to get her through those rough days. Luke in a way could understand her pain, he wasn't the one carrying a baby, but he had dealt with his own grief. If he would have lost Abigail again, it would surely lead to a lifetime of depression. Finally one night after one of his matches he noticed that she was in her own little world. He called out to her and she didn't seem to notice. At least she had a smile on her face, it was the first real smile he had seen from her in a while. Once he got her attention, he asked her what she was thinking about. She smiled at him and told him that she was thinking about having a baby. Luke smiled and kissed her after this, he had wanted this too, but wanted to make sure that she was ready, and he wanted to make things right before they tried again.

The timing was perfect, but if Luke was honest with himself, he wasn't really one of those guys that were good at expressing their emotions or would throw money around. Abigail wasn't really the kind of woman that was big into jewelry, so Luke got her a simple wedding ring. He still believed that Abigail deserved the best, so when he got the ring, he made sure that it wasn't a cheap ring, but he also didn't want to overpay for one either. The store owner knew from experience how it felt getting ripped off paying a lot of money for a ring that wouldn't last. He made sure he sold Luke a quality ring at a reasonable price. Of course Luke made sure to ask Bray once more, Bray seemed ok with it, all he wanted was for Abigail to be happy, and for Luke to treat her right.

WWE was touring parts of the world, and this part of the world just so happened to already have snow on the ground, just in time for Christmas. Luke and Abigail had gone walking through the park. Abigail knew Luke didn't like the cold, so she was wondering why he would choose to walk on such a cold day. They had walked out to a bridge, they could see where the lake had frozen over and the snow all around them in the trees and on the ground. Abigail smiled as she took in the beauty around her. She closed her eyes and took in a breath of the clean, cold air. She slowly exhaled, opened her eyes, finally feeling relief, it seemed like most of the pain she was feeling was behind her and that she could finally move on. There was a feeling in the air, she was hopeful as she thought about the future. It had started to lightly snow again and suddenly Luke stopped. Abigail had turned around and noticed that Luke had stopped following her. Seeing the look on his face made her slightly concerned.

"Is everything ok Luke? Why did you stop?"

Luke knew there was a possibility that when he asked, her answer would be no, but there was also the thought in his head... he had lost her once, and even almost lost her again. He had the mindset of, you're not promised tomorrow. He knew he had to do it while he still had a chance, once he was sure of it, he knew there was no turning back. He wasn't very good at expressing his feelings, but he wanted to try anyway. He smiled at her, even though he was nervous.

"Everything is fine... I just have something really important that I need to do."

"Is it anything I can help with?"

"Well... yes, but all you really need to do is stand there."

Abigail raised a brow at him confused. Luke was nervous and scratching the back of his neck, and searching his pockets. He finally took one of her hands in his.

"Thanks for being so patient with me... to be honest... I had been going through my head all week about what I wanted to say to you, but my mind just went blank when I looked at you."