Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 20)

Chapter Twenty

It had been several weeks since Abigail had broken her knee. She had grown tired of trying to do things in her own, she eventually accepted Luke's help. Even when it came to bathing her. She couldn't get her knee cast wet, so she needed a little bit of help. They were both embarrassed when it came to that, but Luke was happy to help anyway. As her knee healed, she wanted Luke to help her walk again. She was happy that she wasn't alone, she had Luke to lean on. As the weeks went by, he helped her walk again, her knee healed up and they became closer than ever.

"Thank you Luke. You've really helped me a lot. I'm sorry you've had to miss so much time from work."

"It's not a big deal. Money isn't the most important thing, what's important is that you're safe, and happy."

"You didn't have to help me do anything, but you did it willingly. I know things got a little weird, especially when you were helping me get clean."

"Don't worry about it... You told me how hard it was to try to get clean without getting your cast wet. It was a bit weird for me, but I got over it. You needed my help, that's what I was there to do."

"I don't know what I would have done without you. You've helped me get back on my feet. I've had to learn how to walk again, it's like starting over... Like coming back from the dead."

Luke was quiet and looked down at the ground for a moment. Abigail noticed his mood change almost instantly.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Luke I know you... I know that when you do that, you have something on your mind. It's what I said wasn't it? I thought we were over this. I don't want you blaming yourself over my death."

"It's not that this time... I know that when you first came back, I didn't really believe that it was you. Your soul is inside of a different body, but you still have the same memories from your past life. So when Bray said you came back, I thought it was to haunt me. It was just so hard to believe at first that you were really back, but you remember what happened at our childhood. It's really you. What was bothering me is, other than Bray, Braun, and Erick, you were really the only friend I ever had. It was different with you. I always felt this special connection with you that I didn't feel with the guys... Maybe it's because you're a girl... I don't know, but I always felt closer to you than anyone else. We told each other everything... I guess that's why it was so hard on me when you died... I told you things I wouldn't tell anyone else. Fifteen years... You were gone for fifteen years. Do you know how hard it is to not be able to tell anyone anything. I was in a dark and lonely place... I turned to drugs and alcohol until wrestling came along. That would keep me busy, but once the matches were over, those dark and lonely thoughts came back. Now that you're back... I haven't had those thoughts anymore. I haven't smoked or touched alcohol in months... You... You give my life meaning and purpose."

She realized that her death was harder on him than she first thought. She leaned up against him and pulled him in for a kiss. Every time they kissed it seemed like more and more of Luke's pain went away. He deepened the kiss, he felt himself wanting, needing more and more. Abigail wasn't pulling away, but Luke thought maybe he was taking things too far. They were interrupted when they heard Bray's voice. Abigail had healed enough to where she could return, Bray had come back to get some clean clothes. Luke was sure Bray wasn't happy about what he just saw. He wouldn't want anyone kissing his sister.

"That's really going to take a while to get used to... I don't really know what to think about you two being together."

Luke was quiet as Abigail spoke to him.