Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 16)

Chapter Sixteen

The next morning, Abigail woke up to the smell of sausage and pancakes from the kitchen. She remembered everything that happened the night before. It didn't start off the best, but things were better at the end of the night. It started with her following Luke to his secret place, it was a place where he could be alone with his thoughts, but soon Luke told her that he felt responsible for her death, it broke her heart that he had been living with all of that unnecessary guilt. He forgot what it was like to be happy and Abigail wanted to help change that. He had also told her that his childhood crush on her never went away. Abigail had also always liked him, but had always waited for him to make a move as they grew up and got discouraged when he never did. Finally her emotions took over and she kissed him. The second time she went for a kiss he pulled away because he believed that she only kissed him because she felt sorry for him. Later on she kissed his cheek and he seemed ok with that. Things seemed different about Luke, especially after she kissed him. She remembered seeing a smile before going in for the night. Now she smiled as she thought maybe the old Luke was returning. She smiled as she thought about him, got dressed and went down the stairs and entered the kitchen. It was still early, Luke was the only one up at the moment. Luke finished what he was doing and washed his hands again, then Abigail made her presence known.

"Good morning Luke."

He turned around and saw her, giving a slight smile.

"Good morning... Is anyone else awake yet?"

"I think it's just us right now."

Abigail smiled and even blushed a little.

"So... How are you feeling Luke?"

"A little better... The guilt isn't really eating me up as much anymore now that someone knows."

"Luke... I already told you... Don't go feeling guilty for something that wasn't your fault."

"I've felt that way for fifteen years... That feeling isn't going to go away overnight."

"I know, but you don't have to go through this alone. I'm here for you."

Abigail was close enough now that she could hug him. Luke still wasn't used to it, but he liked it and hugged her back. There was still something that concerned him.

"Does anyone else know about this?"

"I haven't told anyone, but I still think you should tell Bray... What happened to me was not your fault... He'll understand."

Abigail placed her head closer to his chest. She could hear his heart beating. Luke remembered a feeling he felt the night before, it was the feeling of happiness and love when she had kissed him. At first he thought that she only did it because she felt sorry for him. He was slightly unsure, but he put one of his hands behind her head and he gently kissed the top of her head. Abigail smiled at this. Their moment was interrupted when they realized they weren't alone anymore. Erick and Braun had come down for breakfast. Braun was actually the first one to speak.

"So... You and Abigail huh?"

Luke and Abigail let go of each other and blushed. Erick spoke up next.

"I kind of found out he liked her when he went off on Ambrose."

Braun spoke up again.

"The last time I saw them like that together was when we were kids and she punched him in the face. Careful Luke, or she may punch you in the face again."