Epilogue

2 years later...

"All the attendants to the flight Montreal-Paris, please go to gate 37, please go to the gate 37, thank you!"

I turn around to face them: My boyfriend's parents, Mohammed, his girlfriend, Destinée, Jauschua... They're all here to say goodbye.
"Take care, lil' sis'. I can't afford to visit you at the hospital if something happens." Mo jokes.
His mom slaps him in the arm.
"Don't you dare say things like that, it's not appropriate for goodbyes."
We all laugh at her reaction - except Mo, that is.

Destinée clears her throat to get my attention.
"What is it, Dee?"
She hands me a present.
"You shouldn't have! I'll come back with plenty of souvenirs anyways!"
"Just open it, silly!"
I execute myself and tear the paper.
"You...It's..."
"After the purity ring, meet the friendship ring!"
She gave me a freaking silver ring! She points me her fingers.
"I have the exact same one. And inside the band, they engraved Proverbs 31."
"Wow. It's truly an awesome gift. Which finger do you put it on?"
"I made it fit for your right middle finger, so put it there."
I give her a tight hug. "Thanks lovely."
"Call me everyday?"
"I'll text you." I smirk.

Jauschua pulls me into a hug. We have grown closer these last two years. Dating his best friend might have something to do with it.
"You go and have fun. I'll make sure Raja don't miss you too much."
"You do that. But where is Raja? He told me he'd be there!"
His dad speaks up. "Maybe he slept in. You know, jet lag."
"Right." I sigh. He did come back from London yesterday."But he promised."
"You gotta leave girl, would be a shame to miss your-" starts Mo's girlfriend (A.N.: whose identity shall be revealed in a short story), but the intercom cuts her.
"Twilla Nadeau-Toussaint is required at the front desk..."

Yeah, I never changed my family name. But I told Raja we'd get married in Ontario so I could get his last name.

"Why are they calling you?" wonders DeeDee.
"Maybe a problem with my luggage or something." I guess.
"You guys go in the car, I'll go with her." proposes Myriam, Raja's mom.
"No way! We're all going!" decides Mo.
"No really, it won't be necessary..." I trail off.
"No, we're staying till you're in that plane and that is final." Jauschua says.
Everybody agrees with a nod and off we go to the front desk. I skip the line and call out a lady at the desk.
"Sorry ma'am, I've been called here..."
"Your name?"
"Twilla Nadeau-Toussaint."
Her face lightens up.
"Oh, the boss wanted to have a little chat with you."
"But my plane is soaring in 15 minutes!"
"Trust me, it won't be a problem. Just wait here, I'll get him called."

As soon as the lady composes a number, DeeDee, Mo and Miryam are back on my case.
"Maybe they want to give you a first-class ticket for free!" beams my (kind of) mother-in-law.
"Omg, that would be tots cool!" squeals Destinée."
"The day Raja sleeps in." Mo mocks. "Can't wait to tell him."
"Guys, let's just wait for that man, now, shall we?"

A flight attendant passes by and the lady at the front desk asks me to follow her to the boss.
"Lemme carry your luggage." proposes Miryam.
I don't protest, being exhausted from packing up the entire night, and follow the attendant into the airport.

"There he is." whispers the flight attendant once we see a suited man waiting at a gate. The Montreal-Paris gate.
"I could've went there myself, but thank you very much!" I thank the lady.
"Sir", she introduces me, "here's the young lady you were looking for."
"Thanks Pauline." he answers in a sweet British accent. "I'll take it from here."

He drags me a little further and says:
"I believe we have made a mistake in our planning. Your flight is not scheduled until 5 p.m."

Considering it was 9 in the morning, this was a bit frustrating.