2

I looked at the clock exhausted. It was past three in the morning but I got all of upstairs completely unpacked.

The spare room was the easiest. Just some decorations, a bed, desk, nightstands, and dresser. The room was in dark brown and green. The furniture was all a dark brown wood. A rug I put on the floor, the curtains, and bed were a forest green. The room half looked like a show room or like what you would see in magazines.

The bathroom came next. It was in purple and light grey. Rich plumb towels and rugs, with silvery grey accents. It was a little harder than the guest room but didn't take as long.

Then there is the monster.

My room

It's what took so long. I had set up my desk with my computer system and drawing supplies along with all I needed for my few collage classes and work. My digital art stuff was there as well though most was on the computer. Next to my desk was the TV set up that held my game systems and everything that goes with them. On the opposite side of the room was my full sized bed that was covered in pillows. A gaming chair sat in front of my tv in the middle of the room. Next to the closet was my dresser.

All the furniture was elegant black wood. My bed was royal blue along with my gaming chair. Hints of teal were on my bed in the mix of pillows. Just that in it's self made it look like a gamers show room. But, what made it a teenagers room was all the little knickknacks I had around the room and all the posters on the walls.

It looked nice, but lived in at the same time. I sighed as I sat on my bed taking a drink of my soda. My bag of candy sat on my night stand next to my bed along with my phone and a few other things. I sighed finishing my drink. I got up, grabbed my pajamas, and went for a shower. After a nice relaxing shower I got ready for bed and crashed soon after laying down.

~~~~

I tapped away at the controller as I played the game displayed on my tv. A lollipop in my mouth as I played always seemed to help me concentrate. Helped me relax and stay relaxed as well.

Buzz buzz.

I paused and checked my phone seeing a message from my mom asking me to come downstairs.

I sighed and left my controller in my chair as I slipped on some black basketball shorts. I straightened out my blue tank top and went downstairs. I found my mom in the kitchen with a list in her hand. She gave me a large grin and pulled me into a hug.

"You needed me?" I asked hugging her back.

"Yes, could you run to the store and get these things for me? I just need a few things." I gave her a warm smile and nodded. I would do anything for her. I know she hates asking me to do everything for her all the time but with work and her back, she just can't do it herself.

I grabbed my wallet, phone, keys, and the list before putting my hoodie on and stuffing it all in my pockets. I called out I was leaving before exiting the house.

I pulled up directions on my phone and started walking. I passed the clinic again but I didn't feel pulled towards it this time. Weird. I shook it off and went to the store. I bought groceries, some printer ink and paper, a duster, and a drink for my mom. I had to hit a few stores by the time I was done but I didn't mind. Not like I was doing anything important at home, just playing a game I've played and defeated multiple times.

I passed some students in gray school uniforms as I passed by a near by high school. Seems school had just let out. I held all my bags in one hand and my phone in another looking at the map. I had to go a ways away to get the printer ink and paper my mom needed. The other stores didn't have the ones she needed.

I frowned and walked forward down a street as I tried to figure out where to go. My eyes were starting to hurt from it being so sunny today and I forgot my sunglasses at home so I had nothing to block out the light. I gently rubbed my sore eyes as I kept walking.

I bumped into someone making me stumble a little. I groaned and looked up at the slightly blurry figure. The teen male held onto my shoulder to steady me. He gave me a concerned look as I blinked a few times. My sore eyes wouldn't seem to focus. I frowned slightly. "I'm sorry, I didn't notice you there."

"It's fine miss, are you alright?" He asked in a calming tone. My eyes adjusted a little as I focused of the male. He had blueish black hair that partially covered his face and glasses. He looked neat, prim and proper in a way.

"Yeah I'm good. Sorry again for bumping into you." I gave a small smile and continued walking back home. I felt his eyes on me till I turned a corner. I let out a sigh loosing my smile as I looked at my phone. If I follow this road I should make it right to the Kurosaki clinic and I can get home from there.

With new determination I walked on humming slightly to my self. I heard a group of friends a ways behind me talking as I made it to the Kurosaki clinic. I smiled as I was in familiar territory and went home.

I opened the door to smell food cooking. I kicked my shoes off and went to the kitchen were my mom was standing chopping vegetables. She had a lime green apron on which made me smile. I set the bags on the dinning room table as she looked up and greeted me.

"Welcome back. Did you get everything?"

"Yeah," I got the grocery bags and went to the kitchen to put them away, "though it took awhile to find the stuff for your office. Had to practically go to the other side of town."

Mom frowned at that and stopped what she was doing. "Are you alright Oren?" She asked in a serious tone. I gave her a smile and nodded. I pecked her cheek before walking past.

"I'm fine. My eyes are a little sore but that's it. I only ran into one person but that was because I wasn't paying attention. I'm fine really..." Mom sighed before turning back to dinner. She frowned slightly and I knew why. I don't blame her, I would be too if I was in her situation. "I'm gonna go upstairs. Call if you need anything okay?"

She nodded and smiled as I walked off smiling. As soon as I was out of sight my smile fell and I rubbed my temples. My head hurt and my eyes were sore. I went to the bathroom and took my contacts out letting my eyes rest. I closed them for a moment leaning against the counter. I fumbled around a bit searching for my glasses till I gave up and opened my eyes.

The world was blurry. Very blurry actually... I found my glasses and put them on as things came to focus. Things furthers away were still fuzzy but other than that it was okay. My contacts worked better but my eyes needed a break. I found my eye drops and put them in, which helped with the irritation.

You see, I was naturally born with pale blue eyes. It wasn't till I grew up the milkiness came in as my eyesight went out. I was little when my vision started going away. I was eight or so. By the time I was ten I need glasses and eventually it's slowly gotten worse. I was half blind now, at the age of seventeen, without my contacts. They restored some of my vision but not all of it. Things were still fuzzy unless up close.

Mom worried so much about me because of it. School became too hard for me a year back. I was then switched to home schooling till I graduated early a month before me moved back to Japan.

My eye sight was why she was so worried. She know the sun hurts my eyes and if I get too much sun in my eyes it temporarily blinds me completely. It always came back in a day or so but it was still hard on her. That's why I didn't tell her just now. I couldn't have her worry about me like that when she already worries enough. I'm supposed to be taking care of her, not the other way around.

I went to my room and turn my tv and all the lights off. I closed the curtains and let my room turn dark. I stumbled a bit making it to my bed before laying down. I closed my eyes letting them rest. Slowly my mind wanted to rest as well as I drifted off to sleep

A/N: picture is not originally done by me. All I did was change the eye color for it to match Oren. Rights too the originally artist. I hope you enjoyed. Comment, Vote, and Follow if you like and HAVE A GOOD DAY!