14

After I had woken up we spent the rest of the day hanging out there. We cooked burgers at lunch, then snacked the rest of the day. Ichigo kept checking in on me to make sure I was alright. A couple hours after lunch I had to switch to my glasses and stay under the umbrella the rest of the time. Keigo kept talking about how "cute" I looked with glasses which lead to Ichigo trying to break his nose multiple times. It was kinda amusing.

Around seven or so we all went our own ways. Ichigo and I left last when Isshin showed up. I fell asleep on Ichigo's shoulder not even ten minutes into the drive home.

Next thing I knew, I woke up in my bed with Ichigo smiling softly at me. "Hey. You're home." I sat up and looked at Ichigo who was sitting in my desk chair that he pulled up next to my bed.

"When did we get here?" I asked yawning. I was in my bikini still. There weren't any showers there so most of us stayed in our bathing suits till they left. Ichigo and I just staid in ours planning to change once we got back.

"Maybe ten minutes ago." Ichigo leaned back in my chair. He was still wearing his swim trunks but had the red button up shirt on and left open.

"Ugh I smell like salt and sand." I groaned as I stretched. "Where is your dad?" I asked getting off of my bed.

"Helping your mom prepare us dinner." Ichigo stretched his arms over his head. I smiled and lightly patted his stiff hair.

"Go ahead and go shower. I need to find cloths." Ichigo shrugged and meandered out of my room. He took a small bag with him as he went to the bathroom. I heard the shower start as I began gathering cloths.

I got matching blue and black undergarments. I got a black low cut tank top out of my closet as I grabbed a pair of blue, purple, and black plaid pajama pants.

I waited in my room till Ichigo knocked on my door. He popped his head in. "Shower is free."

I gathered my cloths and went to the bathroom to shower. "Thanks."

"I'll wait in your room." I nodded and went in the bathroom. I brushed my hair out getting all the tangles out before getting in a nice hot shower. I washed my body and hair throughly getting all the sand and salt and grime off of me.

I got dressed and pulled my hair back into a messy bun. I carried my dirty cloths to my room and put them in the dirty laundry hamper. I sat on my bed as I cleaned my glasses. Ichigo watched me silently, a curious but serious expression on his face. "Oren?"

"Yes?" I held my glasses up and cheeked if they were clean before putting them on.

"Will you tell me now... About what upset you earlier today?" I frowned instantly and scooted back on my bed till my back was against the wall. I hugged a pillow crossing my legs. I didn't want to tell him but something inside me was just telling me to spill everything to him.

"I... I don't know... I don't like to be babied or treated differently because of it and it's a serious thing but I..." I sighed and looked down. "I don't want this. I don't... Want to be useless and weak. I don't like how people look at me when they find out. The shock and then the pity. Then they act like if they breath in my direction I will break. I wish I could just have new ones. I hate mine. They are the root of all my problems." I stared at our red thread connecting our hands.

"What do you mean...?" Ichigo asked moving to sit on my bed in front of me. I took my glasses off with shaky hands before smiling sadly. My useless eyes filling with tears.

I looked at the blurry blob of peach skin tone and orange not even three feet in front of me. A few tears slipped down my cheeks. "I can't see you Ichigo.... Not clearly... And with what the doctor says... In two year at the max, I won't see you at all." My breath hitched in a small sob. "I'm going blind Ichigo." I put my glasses back on before looking at Ichigo. I couldn't see him even if I tried.

His eyes were wide and it looked like he had seen a ghost.

Tears fell down my cheek. That was the first look. Next it's the pity. The look they always get where they feel sorry for me. It always follows the shock. I just... I just can't see another one of those looks. I looked down at my lap away from Ichigo.

"Oren. Look at me." Ichigo spoke softly but his tone was firm. I didn't want to see the pity but something told me to look up. So I did. I looked into Ichigo's eyes. He wore a look of determination. Like he was going to fix everything and protect me. He didn't have an ounce of pity anywhere on his face. "We will get through this. You will be fine. Even if you do go blind, I will do everything I can to get your eyes fixed. I promise you that I will."

Now it was my turn to widen my eyes. Here was Ichigo, the man on the other end of my thread that I have know for only a few days, doing the one thing no one has ever done except my own mother. He promised to help me through this and to fix it. Not saying how sorry he was that I had to go through this and that he was there if I needed him.

No.

He said he will be here for me. He will fix my eyes.

"And I think your eyes are beautiful. There isn't anything wrong with them at all."

With those last words I broke. I latched onto Ichigo and cried into his chest. I wailed and let everything out. All my pain I had bottled up. And he gladly took it. He held me taking my spot against the wall. Ichigo sat me in his lap as I cried my heart out.

I don't know how long we sat there. Ichigo silently holding me and rubbing my back as I cried into his chest.

Eventually I calmed down and was only sniffling. I rest my head on Ichigo's damp chest as he squeezed me softly. I saw a small flash from my door and saw Isshin standing there. He gave a small smile and walked over. He pulled me into a hug. I guess he had heard or mom told him.

"Come on kids, food is ready. You need to eat after all of that." I nodded and hugged my self as Ichigo came to my side. We followed Isshin downstairs and to the table.

Mom engulfed in me a tight hug and I nearly lost it again. I nuzzled into her shoulder as we stood there a moment. "Come on baby, you need to eat." I nodded silently as I sat down. Ichigo and I started eating. He kept giving me worried looks since I just sat there silently eating.

Mom and Isshin spoke in hushed whispers in the kitchen glancing back at us occasionally. I knew they were talking about us. What surprised me was my moms squeal as her and Isshin gushed over his phone.

I ignored the strange adults and finished eating. I pushed my empty plates away laying my head on the table. I sighed and looked at my hand with my thread tied around my finger. I lightly caressed the thread letting the comforting warm sensation brush against my fingers.

Why was it Ichigo?

He has been there from the moment we met. He was worried when I collapsed. He was there to walk me home. He introduces me to his amazing friends. He was there when I broke down.

Was he only doing it because he was told to?

Did he do it because he was being nice?

Did he feel the urge inside of him since we are tied together...?

Who knows... I just hope he stays around...

A/N: Ichigo now knows. Tears and feels all over the place. I hope you enjoyed it. Comment, Vote, and Follow if you like and HAVE A GOOD DAY!