25

I woke up in what I'm assuming is my room with something wrapped around my eyes. I sat up in my bed and lightly touched the bandages around my eyes. Was she not able to heal my eyes...?

"Hey, Oren..." A soft voice spoke from my bed side. I turned my head in that direction not able to see. "How are you feeling?"

"Nervous but over all pretty good." I held my hands together as I heard foot steps coming up the stairs. "Where are we..?"

"Home." Just as I thought. No hospital has this many pillows.

"Oren! You're awake!" Orihime yelled and ran over to my bed. I smiled softly in her direction. "Would you like to take your badges off?"

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Just take it slowly. The light might be bright at first." Orihime slowly unwrapped my head.

"How long was I out?" I asked as she slowly undid my bandages.

"Two days. It's Friday evening now." Ichigo said putting one of his hands on my lap, gently squeezing my thigh. "Orihime got you all fixed up too."

The final bandages came off and I slowly cracked my eyes open. It was extremely fuzzy at first but slowly things began to focus.

A few tears dripped down my cheeks as worry instantly spread over the two faces I could see crystal clear. I put a shaking hand to my mouth. I could see perfectly. No blurriness. No fuzziness. Nothing. I sobbed softly as I smiled.

"Oren.." I looked at Ichigo as I smiled. I reached out and lightly touched his cheek. "I can see you. Perfectly."

Grins erupted over Orihime's and Ichigo's faces. Orihime grabbed me into a hug and I cried happily into her shoulder. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you Orihime." I hugged the other woman tightly. "Thank you so much!"

"You're very welcome Oren." She pulled away with a bright smile. "I will go tell the others." She ran off after one last smile.

I turned to Ichigo. I smiled and he engulfed me into his arms. I nuzzled into his firm chest as he held me tightly to him. He caressed my head holding me. We staid like that till we heard running the the steps. We pulled apart as Renji burst into my room.

"Oren!" Renji tackled me into a hug and I laughed. He nuzzled into my chest hugging me tightly. "God I was so worried! Grimmjow is here too. Can you see him?"

I went to grab the thread but stopped. I could already see him. My face broke into a smile as Renji let me go. I flung my self as the big blue hair man. "Grimmy! I can see you. I don't need to hold your thread I can already see you!"

Grimmjow's arms tightened around my shoulders as he hugged me back. "I nearly went crazy with out you. You had me so worried." He mumbled into my hair. He pulled back with a smile. I smiled back at the tall man.

"I'm glad you're both here." I smiled at both Renji and Grimmy. "I really am but can I have a moment with Ichigo?" The both nodded in understanding and left. They closed the door behind them.

Arms wrapped around me from behind as Ichigo nuzzled his face into my neck. "I was so scared I was going to loose you." He whispered softly into my shoulder. "I have never been that scared in my life."

"I'm sorry Ichigo. If I had paid better attention none of this would of happened..." I frowned hanging my head down. Ichigo turned me around and cupped my cheeks with his hands. Gently he lifted my head up to look into my eyes. He smiled softly.

"Don't be sad. If it wasn't for what happened I don't think I would of realized anything and I wouldn't be able to do this." Ichigo leaned in and captured my lips with his own.

My heart soared as Ichigo finally kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling my self closer to him. Ichigo's arms snaked down and around my waist picking me up. Our lips moved slowly, savoring the moment.

They danced together perfectly as if they were meant to be together. Ichigo groaned softly as I tangled my fingers in his silky soft hair. His hand gripped my waist as he turned and sat down on my bed, his lips never leaving mine. I straddled his lap as I pressed against Ichigo.

Finally we slowly pulled away. I looked down at Ichigo with loving eyes. "Oren... I love you. I have for awhile but I just didn't realize it till the incident with Rukia. But then I didn't know how to tell you. I would try but the right words never came to me. It wasn't till I nearly lost you to some crazed man that if finally hit." One of Ichigo's hands came up and brushed my hair back behind my ear. He smiled and pulled me in for another kiss.

I pulled away after a moment and smiled at Ichigo playing with his hair. "To tell you the truth, I have loved you for a long time now. I think I fell for you the moment I met you. All the proof I would even need to prove I was meant to be with you ties us together." Ichigo's eyes widened. I blushed softly looking down shyly. "I didn't want to tell you. I don't want you to feel or think I was forcing it on you."

"So that's why." Ichigo smirked. "I don't mind being tied to you. Not at all."

"Good." I hugged Ichigo tightly grinning. "I love you Ichigo Kurosaki."

"I love you too Oren Akasaki."

~~~~

Ichigo and I held hands while waiting in the living room. It was Saturday. Yesterday we told everyone that we were officially dating. Ichigo got threatened by Renji and Grimmjow multiple times. They were like over protective big brothers but I didn't mind.

Isshin was over joyed when we told him. He hugged me and welcomed me to the family. He acted more like we said we were getting married instead of dating.

Now we have mom who should be here any moment. She wasn't told anything about the attack. Hell the attacker hasn't been seen, Grimmjow took special care of him from what I have been told.

The door opened as mom came into the house. She dropped her bags off by the door and sighed. "That was the longest drive ever." Ichigo and I exchanged looks. I cleared my throat getting moms attention. Mom grinned and came over. She scooped me up into a hug but Ichigo never let go of my hand. "Oh my I have missed you so much baby girl."

I smiled and sat back down next to Ichigo once mom let go of me. "I missed you too mom." She stopped for a moment looking us over. She kept eye balling our hands that were holding onto each other.

"Did I miss someth-" mom looked into my eyes finally. She stopped talking and tears filled her eyes. "Oren... Your eyes... They're..."

"They're fixed mom. I can see again." Mom burst into tears covering her mouth. I got up and hugged her, finally letting go of Ichigo's hand. "I can see perfectly again." Mom pulled away and held my face. Her thumbs rubbed under my fixed eyes as she smiled.

"My baby is all better again." She pulled me into another tight hug.

"Thank Ichigo for that." I smiled lovingly at the man watching my mom and I's moment. "It's all thanks to him."

My mom turned to Ichigo with a smile. "Thank you. Your really did fix her eyes. I don't want to know how but thank you Ichigo."

"It's no problem Ms.Akasaki. I would do anything to help Oren and to protect her." Ichigo smiled and took my hand again. "And that why I want to properly ask if it's okay if I date your daughter."

Moms eyes widened before she nodded excitedly grinning. "Of course you can Ichigo. You can marry the girl too if you want!"

"Mom!" I blushed as Ichigo laughed, he pulled me close and kissed my forehead. "I wouldn't mind taking up that offer some day."

Mom took a picture on her phone and grinned. We all smiled, finally happy. I knew that there would be a lot coming in the future but I didn't care. I had Ichigo Kurosaki at my side.

I would take on everyone and the world to protect those that I love. It's nice, however, to know I'm protected and loved as well.

The End.

A/N: there you go! Happy ending! This is my first completed story ever! Thank you so much for reading. I really hope you liked this book and enjoyed it. Comment, Vote, and Follow if you like and HAVE A GOOD DAY!