6

Ichigo stood there in what looked like a black kimono with pants and a white sash around his waist. White peaked out from under the black hinting there were two layers of clothing. He had a bright red cord going across his torso from his left shoulder to right hip. On his back was a huge sword almost at long as he was tall, probably as long as I was tall since I was shorter than the male, that was wrapped in what looked like bandages. On his neck, chest, legs, arms, and hands were these things that were black with a thin line of black next to them, except the ones on his hands and neck. They were completely black on his hands and the ones on his neck had a white bone like lip on them. He had on black straw sandals and what I'm guessing is white socks.

I got up and walked up to Ichigo. What was this? I looked at his hand where the thread was, but it wasn't on his collapsed body's hand. Was this his soul? I lightly touched his body's head, his soft hair around my fingers and a very solid body. I reached up and touched the side of soul Ichigo's head. I expected my hand to go through him but it didn't. I felt the same soft hair, the same solidness and warmth his body had.

"How...? Is this your soul reaper form? Or your soul?" I asked quietly with wide eyes. Ichigo's hazel eyes widened as he looked from me to Urahara.

"Yes I told her, I had asked about it before you came to see if she could see spirits. This is very interesting." Urahara said as I moved behind the distracted Ichigo. I lightly pressed my fingers to the blade on his back. The bandages were soft, but thick and strong. I bet you could hold this huge sword by the bandages alone and they wouldn't tear. The sword was as wide as my torso at the widest part. It didn't really have a handle, just an area covered in the bandages that connected to the bandages covering the sword.

This was so cool!

I looked at Ichigo's arms curiously, gently pulling his arm to my face so it was easier to see. I traced the things on his arms. They weren't marking or tattoos but a hard material almost like bone that hugged his wrist and hand. I held his hand to my face as I traced the bands of black on his hand. They felt just like the other but it didn't have the small line out lining it.

Honestly, Ichigo looked badass and kinda threatening. Like he was powerful, insanely strong almost. But at the same time I felt safe, like I knew he wouldn't ever harm me. Was that because of the bond of soul mates or just the huge protector aura he had...?

I turned my attention to the little plate things on his chest and neck next. The white was noticeable siting out further than the black it surrounded. The white really felt like bone or maybe ceramic but stronger.

"Having fun there?" Urahara spoke up from beside me as I looked up. My milky blue eyes locked with his as I nodded.

"It's so... Foreign. I've never seen anything like this before. So all soul reapers look like Ichigo?" I asked stepping back from the slightly red male.

"Yes and no. The cloths are almost the same for every soul reaper, though some are different depending on the person. None have a sword, or a zanpakuto, like he does. His in a constant state of release called a shikai, the first release of a zanpakuto. That is from his intense spiritual pressure that his sword can't go back to a sealed form." I nodded rubbing my chin thinking. So soul reapers look similar but not exactly like him. There were different fashions as excepted. Their swords aren't released like his... I wish I could see another soul reaper.

Wait why can I see Ichigo? I couldn't see spirits. So why.... Oooohh that's what Urahara meant that he wanted to try something. Our thread ties our souls together so that would mean I could still see Ichigo if he was in his soul form. Urahara is a smart man. I didn't even think about that.

"I can see you thinking, Oren." Urahara said with a grin. "You catch on quickly. You're quite smart aren't you?"

I blushed softly and rubbed my neck. "I guess I am? I did graduate early but that was also for other reasons I would rather not talk about." I mumbled the last part looking away.