Chapter 26

I laid on the bed looking at my phone. I was waiting for Jon to call, and I was wondering should I call Kol. Few moments later, my phone rang. I grabbed it and answered. 

-' Hello.' 

-' Hello, darling. How was your day?' -My heart started beating faster when I heard Kol. I didn't know was that excitement or something else.

-' Kol, so nice to hear you after all this time. Seriously, I thought you'd never call.' -I said sitting on my bed.

-' How have you been?' 

-' Not bad. I was having some fun with Stefan today.'

-' Sounds like you're having great time without me.' -I knew he was smirking at that moment.

-' Well, girl has needs.'

-' Oh come on, love. I just left.'

-' You haven't been here for a week. Do you know when you're coming back?'

-' No, not yet.'

-' Well I miss you.' -I said smiling.

-' I know you do.'

' I assume you're not missing me.' -I heard him laugh.

-' So, what were you and Stefan dong today?' -He asked not answering my question.

-' I'll take that as no. ' -I said rolling my eyes. -' We were at the Grill.' -Than I though that maybe if I told him about Jon, he would come back. Or not.

-' And?' 

-' And I met there my ex. And I have no idea what's he doing here, at Mystic Falls.'

-' Ex?' -I knew he was serious now, that made me smile. 

-' Yes, well we didn't really have those conversations before.'

-' Alright.'

-' Seriously, Kol. Why don't you tell me at least where are you?'

-' And what's the point? I'm far away. You'll just have to trust me about that.'

-' Fine. And Jon asked me out.'

-'And you're going?'

-' Guess you'll just have to trust me about that.'

-' You shouldn't do that. I know you, you'll talk about amazing moments you spent together, and before you even notice, you'll want him again.'

-' You really think that?' -I said after a few moments of silence. 

-' Yes, I do. In fact, I'm sure.'

-' Okay.' -I felt tears coming down my face and I tried to stop them. I knew it was stupid to cry because of that and I knew that Kol will be sorry, but I just couldn't stop it. I hung up quickly so Kol couldn't hear me crying, but I think he did anyway. I will definitely go out with Jon. And who knows, maybe I do fall in love with him again..I wish I would. He loved me more than Kol ever will. I fell asleep with thouse thoughts. 

My phone woke me up. It was Jon.

-' Jon, why so early?' -I asked sleepily.

-' Don't tell me you are still sleeping?'

-' What time is it?'

-' It's 11 o'clock.'

-' Really?' 

-' You haven't changed at all, have you?'

-' Probably not.' -I laughed.

-' So, what do you think about today at 9 p.m. at the Grill?'

-' No, not at the Grill. Let's go in the park. We'll buy some candies and eat there.' -I said getting up.

-' I was just waiting for you to say that. I'll see you at the park at nine.' -He hung up. 

I took a shower and dressed up. I was thinking why did I break up with Jon. It was because I was stupid. He never did anything wrong and I didn't like it. I was bored once and I just broke up with him. I didn't really love him, but I had a huge crush on him. He was so...predictable. And what is he doing here anyway? I spoted Jenny, Mike and Steve with him. There were some guys too, but I didn't recognise them. It's probably just a friendly trip. I used to go with him at those trips. And I liked it. It was always fun. But when we came back home I was just bored. We were going out at the same places as always. He didn't like football or basketall, he didn't listen to music I like..We were so different,but now...Yeah, sadly but Kol was right. I want him back because of memories.

I spent my day in the house and at eight I started to get ready for my 'meeting'. I took my jeans, black t-shirt, black sweater, because it was cold and brown ankle boots. I put on my make up, and straighten my hair. I got out quickly because I was late. When I arrived he was already there.

-' Oh my God, for how long have you been waiting me?' 

-' Not so long. Come on, let's sit.' 

-' No, let's go to sit at the grass.' -I said taking his hand and leading him there. He already bought candies. He smiled and we sat down.

-' This is just like in old times.' -He said smiling.

-' Let's leave the past behind us.' -I said taking chocolate.

-' That's for the best. I know I wasn't the best and...'

-' Jon.' -I cut him. -' It's past.' -We both smiled. -' By the way, I'm sorry I was such a bitch.' 

-' You weren't. I'm sorry I was so predictable.'

-' You weren't.' -I lied. 

He really changed. A lot. But still hot as always. We laughed and talked about everything. So he really is at the trip with his friends, as I assumed. 

-' You know.' -He started. -' I really missed you. You're not going back to London, right?'

-' I missed you all too.' -I said trying to avoid an awkward conversation. -' But no, I'm not going back.'

-' That's bad.' -I smiled. 

-' I should go now, it's late.' -I said getting up. He got up right after me.

-' I'm leaving tomorrow. So, I guess I will not see you again soon.' -He said coming closer.

-' Yeah, have a nice trip.' -He leaned in to kiss me. I didn't know what to do at first, but then I stepped back.

-' I have a boyfriend.' -I said.

-' Sorry. D-do you love him?' -He asked afraid of an answer.

-' I do.' -I said looking him in the eyes. -'I'm sorry.'

-' You know I'll be there for you. Always.' -I hugged him and we said Goodbye. I went home and went to sleep immediately. I was happy I didn't let memories rule. And I didn't fall for Jon, not for a second.