4. Derailed

~Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Oliver refused to allow the actions of the two rouge members of the league to go unpunished. He knew it was risky, but he didn't care. They could have hurt Felicity. He couldn't just let that go. And he also didn't intend for their to be any witnesses left. 

"Just what did you have in mind for our prisoner?" Oliver walked around the now tied up man. His partner in crime was tied up the opposite of him.

"We were just messing with her..." The woman yelled.

They pulled against the ropes, but it only caused them pain.

"I am in control. Ra's is stepping down and you are to answer to me. You don't go off doing whatever you think is best!" Oliver shouted.

The two stopped struggling and looked at him. A mixture of anger and fear run through them.

"Can you let us go?" The guy asked.

"Let you go? You mean like I told you to let her go?" Oliver roughly kicked his shin.

"Ow!" He screamed out in pain.

"Ra's doesn't tolerate disobedience. Why should I?" Oliver asked them.

"We got a little carried away. Let us go and it won't happen again." The girl pleaded.

"No can do," Oliver said bitterly.

For a moment he thought of Felicity. He thought of how she would tell him that he was better than this; that he didn't have to kill. But this was for Felicity. At least that's what he told himself as he snapped both of their necks.

Maybe Ra's was getting to him after all. Perhaps he wasn't in control like he thought he was.

He would have to think of some excuse in case their bodies were discovered, but he wouldn't worry himself over that now.

He looked around before sending a signal to Malcolm. He managed to keep a phone undetected, but he only used it to text. He told Malcolm he had something for him and he'd leave it in a spot only he could find.

Seconds later Malcolm responded.

Oliver put the phone away just before Ra's appeared before him.

"Are you ready? There is something I need to discuss with you." Ra's asked. Behind Ra's was Nyssa. Oliver wondered just what Ra's had in mind, but he nodded anyway.

"Follow me," Ra's walked ahead and Oliver followed him.

"Leave us," Ra's shut the door behind him, Oliver and Nyssa.

"Why am I here?" Nyssa asked angrily.

"Sit." Ra's said annoyed with her tone.

Nyssa sat in the seat opposite of her father. Oliver sat next to her.

"You are my child and I cannot simply kill you. I have something else in mind for you, dear." Ra's folded his hands in front of him.

Oliver wanted to ask what that had to do with him, but his question would soon be answered.

"You may not be the next demon, Nyssa...but perhaps you can be the next best thing." Ra's stated.

"I'd never take second best!" Nyssa yelled.

"Silence!" Ra's demanded.

With a huff, Nyssa closed her mouth.

"Al Sah-him, you have proved me right with my decision to have you be my heir. You kidnapped the woman you loved. Oliver Queen could never do that." Ra's praised him.

It took everything in Oliver to stop himself from clenching his jaw. Instead he clutched his fist at his side. He nodded his head at Ra's backwards compliment so the other man could continue to think he was on his side.

"You, my child, have always been loyal to me. It's only right that you stand by his side as his wife." Ra's declared.

"Wife?!" Nyssa's eyes nearly popped out of her head. "You can't be serious."

"I am. The ceremony will take place tomorrow. You two are free to leave now." Ra's dismissed them.

Alarms went off in Oliver's head. This was not good.

"Ra's are you sure?" He asked hesitantly before he completely left the room.

"The demon has spoken. Do you object my heir?" Ra's eyed him.

"No. It will be done." Oliver said and left.

He couldn't kill Ra's today. He hadn't planned for that and he couldn't afford to go in half-assed.

Damn it! Oliver cursed as he walked outside.

He didn't have long for they'd be returning to Nanda Parbat within the next hour. He took out his phone and sent another message to Malcolm.

Where are you?

I'm here. Why?

Change of plans. Headed your way.

Oliver looked over his shoulder before going across the street. He'd have to be careful and quick. He couldn't afford raising suspicion.

Malcolm spotted Oliver approaching and got out of his car.

"Are you crazy?" Malcolm asked as he looked around them.

"Ra's wants me to marry Nyssa tomorrow. It's too late to back out...we'll have to move forward sooner than I hoped. I need you to get the team there tomorrow." Oliver said hurriedly.

"That's a short notice." Malcolm whispered.

"Make it happen if you want me to uphold our deal." Oliver reminded him.

"Fine," Malcolm said and got into his car.

Oliver rushed back before anyone noticed his disappearance.