17. Mum's the word

Oliver gave Thea a stern look as he waited for one of the two women before him to speak. Thea's eyes remained expressionless. He knew it'd be hard to get whatever it was out of her. But Felicity? She was avoiding making eye contact with him altogether. Something was up. They were hiding something.

"Hey, Ollie..." Thea pulled him into a hug hoping to distract him.

Felicity racked her brain trying to figure a way to throw him off. Unfortunately, her mind drew a blank. Damn Oliver's inconvenient timing she thought as she started to stand.

"Thanks for the ice cream, I'm gonna go eat this now. In the kitchen. Alone..." She said as she left the room as fast as possible.

Oliver suppressed the urge to go after her and demand to be let in on their little secret. He'd settle for his sister though.

"Thea..." He looked down at her.

"Yeah?" Thea's eyes challenged him back as he stared her down.

"What's going on? What are you and Felicity not telling me?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"The point of promising someone not to tell someone else something is not telling them." Thea shook her head at him.

"So you're not going to tell me?"

"No. Maybe you'll know how it feels to be out of loop now." Thea shrugged as she walked back to the couch.

"Remember this?" Thea held up a family photo. It was of her first Christmas. Thea was nearly a year old and was sitting on Santa's lap and ten-year-old Oliver was standing by his side with a toothy grin.

Oliver chuckled as he took the picture from his sister.

"I remember taking this. Dad had to go out of town that year. The house didn't feel the same without him so Mom took us to the mall. You didn't even cry for once." He elbowed her as he handed it back.

"Shut up. I was a good baby." Thea argued playfully.

"Yeah right," Oliver laughed.

"I miss them, Ollie." Thea released a quiet sigh as her shoulder's slumped forward. She didn't think about them much. With the city being in danger constantly and her having just escaped the grasp of death herself not too long ago, she hadn't had much time to.

"So do I." He admitted. Oliver wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to him. He hadn't allowed himself to reflect on their parent's death either. Before he didn't think he could afford to, but now? Now he was just afraid.

"But hey at least we're getting a new addition to the family, right? A few more babies and we'll have a full house of Queen's again." Thea joked.

"Hey...wait, unless someone is going to help me carry these babies, then I'm going to have to decline." Felicity said as she re-entered the room.

Leave it to Felicity to brighten the mood. Oliver and Thea couldn't help but to laugh at her outburst.

"I'm actually very serious." Felicity said before she began laughing too.

The doorbell rung and Oliver pulled himself together before going to see who it was. He opened the door without looking out first and was greeted with the sight of the Diggle family.

"Hey guys," Oliver smiled.

He kissed Lyla and baby Sara on the cheek before stepping aside so they could enter. He gave John a quick hug and shut the door.

"I see the gang is all here." Lyla said as she bounced Sara on her hip.

"Aww, come here you." Thea cooed as she reached out for baby Sara.

"Want to help me with the grill, Dig?" Oliver asked.

"Sure." Diggle replied.

He stopped to say hello to Thea and hug Felicity.

Thea sat on the carpeted floor and began playing with Sara, who loved the attention.

"So can I see it?" Lyla raised a brow in excitement as she looked at Felicity.

The two of them had been discussing nursery plans and ideas for a while now.

"Oh right, come on," Felicity held her hand out so Lyla could help her up.

"I'll be glad when I can just get up by myself again and sleep on my stomach...and see my toes again. Why didn't you tell me it would be this way?"

"I did!" Lyla laughed.

Felicity led her to the nursery. She opened the door and motioned for Lyla to go inside.

"Aww," Lyla gushed as she looked around her.

The walls were decorated with hand painted trees and a sky blue background. A sun-shaped pillow hung in the middle of the room, just above the crib. The white crib had canary-yellow bedding. The changing table and dresser were white as well.

"It's perfect, Felicity." Lyla said.She felt herself getting a bit teary-eyed as she recalled seeing Sara's completed nursery for the first time. John had surprised her one evening.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Were the trees Oliver's idea?"

"No. Mine actually. They represent his time on the island." She said as she traced one of the brown branches on the wall.

"I know it wasn't a happy time in his life, but it's where he changed and matured. It turned him into the man I fell in love with. I wanted to...I don't know, express that in here somehow, you know?"

"I do. I think that's very sweet." Lyla nodded her head.

"Thanks." Felicity smiled at her.

"And the yellow?"

"Well I didn't want to go with the typical pink and it goes well with the rest of the room. It's also a small tribute to Sara."

Lyla understood that too. After all, they had named their daughter in their fallen friend's memory.

"You're going fall in love with her the minute she's in your arms." Lyla told her, trying to shift the conversation to something lighter.

"Yeah? I'm already in love with her." Felicity ran a hand over her round belly.

"Yes, but it gets better. I never knew I could love someone like that until I held Sara in my arms. She was so beautiful, so pure..."

"In that case, I can't wait."

"They're going to be best friends you know that right?" Felicity joked as they headed back to the living room.

"Oh yeah, just like their dad's." Lyla said as she looked over at Thea and Sara playing.

"Yup."

***Another short, but in my opinion, sweet update***

Thanks for reading~