16. A name fit for a Queen

***A/N: Sorry it's another short chapter. Happy Memorial Day to those who celebrate it!!***

Felicity was standing in the spare bedroom that would eventually be their daughter's nursery with her hands on her hip. Oliver had just finished assembling the crib.

"No, that's not right." Her blonde locks shook along with her head. 

"Seriously?" He gave her a funny look. All day he had been bossed around and he didn't complain. However, he was now growing tired and wanted it to be done. Apparently nothing was good enough according to Felicity though. 

"Could you move it by the window?" She asked.

"But you said you wanted it over here." He argued.

"Yeah, but it'll be better by the window and then...no. I don't know anymore." She said and poked her bottom lip out in frustration.

"Let's just leave it here, okay?"

"It has to be perfect, Oliver! She deserves the best." Felicity glared at him.

She had everything planned out just right in her head, but she couldn't actually move anything. Oliver wouldn't allow it; not even a pillow. A harmless, little pillow!

"You're not listening." She complained.

"It's just a nursery Felicity. She won't care how it looks, she—

"It is not just a nursery, Oliver! Take it back." She demanded.

"What?"

"I said take it back." She repeated as she smacked his arm.

"I've been putting this thing together all day and you hit me? Ouch." He rubbed his arm.

"Oh hush you big baby.

After more pestering, Oliver ended up moving the crib just passed the window and a rocking chair the opposite of it. He laid a pink blanket with ducks on it across the back. It was Thea's and she insisted that her niece have it. A small pink teddy bear sat on the windowsill.

"Happy?" Oliver asked as he held his breathe.

He had been careful to say things the right way around his expecting girlfriend lately. She got agitated easily at this late stage of her pregnancy. Diggle had pre-warned him, but it didn't compare to reality. That or Felicity was harder to deal with than Lyla while pregnant.

"Yes," She said calmly. She even got a little teary-eyed.

"It's okay, Felicity." He placed an arm around her.

She leaned her head onto his chest.

"She'll be here soon, Oliver." She said in awe.

"I know. We better sleep while we can." He joked.

"I barely sleep as is. I'm doomed." She playfully frowned.

"I'll tend to her while you sleep in. How about that?" He smiled.

"Sounds great,"

"There is a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream with your name on it in the fridge." He told her.

"Really? I thought I ate that last night." She gasped.

"Wait, you did? I'll be back." He said and started for the door.

Felicity watched him go. He had been so perfect. Rushing to get anything she craved; dealing with her rapidly changing attitude. It made her love him all the more.

_

Oliver had only been gone for two minutes, so Felicity was a little on edge when she heard the doorbell. She placed the folded baby t-shirt into its dresser and went to see who it was.

She looked through the peephole and spotted Thea. She turned the alarm off and unlocked the door.

"Thea, hey." Felicity opened her arms for a hug.

Thea wrapped her arms around her after shutting the door.

"You just missed Oliver." Felicity said once they parted.

"Oh, no. I saw him on my way up. He said he was on a mission or something." Thea shook her head.

"I brought over some things." She said as she held up the large bag in her arms.

"Thea you're spoiling her and she's not even here. Let's sit down, come on."

"I can't help it. It's a Queen thing."

Thea sat down and opened the bag. Inside were a few things that she had ordered online and a couple of things that she found among her and Oliver's old things.

"You're gonna love this, look," Thea held up a white onesie that read 'My Auntie kicks A**'

"Cute, right?" Thea smiled as she waited for Felicity's response.

Felicity took it in her hands and read it again. It was definitely something Thea would buy.

"It's perfect." She laughed. "I'll make sure she wears it when we bring her home if it fits."

"Awesome." Thea beamed with pride.

"Thea I'm actually glad you stopped by. I wanted your opinion on something."

"Epidural all the way." Thea said with a nod as if she had experience birthing a child.

"Huh? No...how would you know anyways?"

"I've been doing my research. You don't seem like the type to want to go through all that pain."

"Well thanks, but it's something else. We haven't decided on a name yet. Oliver says that whatever I pick is fine, but I would like his input. I was thinking...how do you feel about Olivia Moira Smoak-Queen?"

"I think she'll have a hard time learning to write all of that." Thea pointed out. "I'm kidding."

"What do you really think?"

Thea was truly touched that Felicity wanted to name her daughter after her mother. She knew that Felicity hadn't been her biggest fan, so it really meant something. Thea tried to make a joke to hide how emotional it made her, but her walls were crashing.

"It's..." She paused trying to choke back a tear. "It's really beautiful, Felicity." Thea looked at the blonde woman as a tear managed to escape.

"Thanks Thea," Felicity felt herself getting teary-eyed as well.

"Did you tell Oliver?" Thea asked as she wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her jacket.

"No. Not yet. I want to surprise him." Felicity shook her head.

"Okay. I promise I won't tell him." Thea told her.

"Good."

Oliver had chosen that exact moment to come back. He sat his keys down, surprising both women, and looked at them with his head cocked to the side.

"Tell me what?" He asked he handed Felicity the ice cream. 

***TBC***