11. Family time

At Felicity's first official visit to the baby doctor, as she liked to call it, they discovered she was a month and a half along in her pregnancy. Her due date was November 20th. Nurse Owens had given them a few sonograms, which Felicity spent way too much time looking at throughout the day. With the exception of morning sickness and having to give up coffee, Felicity was a bubble of excitement. However, they had kept the news between the both of them for the time being.

...

In present time, she had just made it through her first trimester and was a little over 3 months.

"Oliver," Felicity called as she took her usual seat while he cooked breakfast.

"How are you two this morning?" Oliver smiled as he looked over his shoulder at Felicity.

She had her hair brushed out of her face and wasn't wearing her glasses. Her eyes seem to sparkle and her skin had a natural, healthy glow to it. She always claimed to not see it, but Oliver did. It also helped that the curtains were pulled back and the sunlight happened to be illuminating her face.

She looked beautiful, more so now than ever since she was carrying his child.

"Hungry," Felicity said while stifling a yawn.

"Sleepy too?" He asked as he handed her a bottle of water.

"I'm always sleepy." She gave him a tired-eyed smile. "It's a miracle I can function at work without coffee. Oh, how I miss coffee..."

"You'll be fine." Oliver kissed the top of her head after he sat down a plate of waffles and a small fruit salad in front of her.

Felicity's eyes lit up like she was a kid again. Oliver had added a smiley face to it made out of strawberries and blueberries.

"Aww," She said as she popped one of the blueberries in her mouth. "You get more adorable every day." She laughed.

"And you get more gorgeous every day." He said as he took a bite of his food.

The two finished the rest of their food in silence. Felicity only paused to check her e-mails on her tablet or to talk briefly to her growing bump.

"As much as you talk to the baby, I half expect it'll come out talking." Oliver joked as he watched her.

"Well that wouldn't be a bad thing." Felicity stuck her tongue out mockingly.

"You're just jealous because I get to be with him all day."

"Him?" Oliver questioned. They hadn't found out the baby's gender yet.

"I feel like it's a boy today." She shrugged.

Oliver chuckled and shook his head slightly.

Felicity finished up her breakfast and placed her dishes in the sink since Oliver still insisted on manually cleaning them by hand.

"So are you excited?" Felicity turned around to face him.

Oliver was already heading in her direction with his own dishes in hand.

"I guess so." He replied as he began to wash them up.

"Oliver, this is big for you."

"It's just a job, Felicity." Oliver said as if it were no big deal.

He had decided to apply for a job teaching self-defense at the local youth program. He was going up again other candidates with experience and a better reputation than his. To say he was afraid to get his hopes up, was an understatement.