Chapter 2

Author's P.O.V:
             Elena
J Grayson learned pretty quickly that she needs to be careful who she trusts. It’s hard to trust someone, when everyone you ever opened up your heart to, has let you down and pushed you away. It’s so ironic. The people in her life who say, “I’m always going to be here for you.” are the ones that walk away first.

          For those who don’t know her since her childhood, she is an ambitious, strong, egoistic girl. People never saw her crying over stupid things, like most girls of her age do. But Emma can’t forget the image of that little girl who never lets go of her brother’s pinky finger. The little Elena was totally dependent on her brother; Adam J Grayson.

Flashback.

“Danny! Emma! Come inside, there’s surprise for you” Mrs. Hunt called both her kids.

Both kids rushed inside, leaving their toys in the backyard. Mrs. Hunt was standing in the living room hiding someone behind her.

“What is it? Mommy” little Emma asked eagerly tugging her mother.

Mrs. Hunt smiled at her daughter‘s eagerness and moved aside revealing two kids, a boy and a girl. The little girl was peeking behind her brother’s waist. Emma noticed that she was holding her brother’s finger too.

“Hi. I am Daniel”
“And I am Emma” They both introduced themselves while extending their hands towards the boy to shake.

“I am Adam and this is my sister Elena.” He shook their hands one by one happily.

“Bunny, say hi to our new friends” Adam said to his sister.

“Hi.” Elena said shyly still hiding behind her brother.

“They are going to stay here for some time. So be good with them” Mrs. Hunt informed her children before leaving the room.

“Thanks God. We are not the only children in this neighborhood anymore.” Emma squealed in excitement. 

“Come on Elena! You should see my doll house. You’ll love it.” Emma said while untying Elena’s hand from Adam’s. Adam didn’t notice because he was busy talking to Daniel.

“NO-O” Elena stuttered

“Oh Come on. It’ll be fun” Emma said while dragging her out of the room.

“Leave me!” Elena shouted while running back to her brother.

“What happened?” Mrs. Hunt entered in room quickly. Worry plastered on her face.

Meanwhile Elena started crying.

“What happened? Bunny” Adam asked to her little sister picking her tears with his hands.

“I want to go home!” Elena sobbed.

“Okay. Okay don’t cry. Mom has some work to do. That’s why she left us here. We’ll go home soon but not now.” Adam assured her sister hugging her.

“But I am missing Mom. I want to go home.” Elena pouted.

“Look Bunny you don’t trust your superman?” Adam asked her.

“Yes, I do”

“I am telling you everything will be fine and we’ll be home before Christmas”

“Pinky promise?” Elena said while extending out her pinky finger.

“Pinky promise” Adam said engulfing his pinky with his sister.

“Now show me your pearls” Adam said tickling his sister playfully.

“A-A ha ha stop it “Elena giggled. Adam smiled and returned his attention to Daniel.

Mrs. Hunt looked at Grayson’s adorably. She soon left the room after satisfying herself that everything is all right.

 Daniel and Emma looked at each other, confused.

“What did you do? Idiot!” Daniel mouthed to her sister. Emma shrugged her shoulder unknowingly.

“Don’t worry. It’s not her fault. My little sister takes time to adjust in new place” Adam said.

Daniel and Emma nodded awkwardly.

End of Flashback.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note

This is my first story and English is not my national language, so there could be mistakes.

 Please let me know if you see any.

You can tell me how I can make this story better. I don’t bite. J

 Please comment your thoughts about this chapter.

 Don’t forget to vote.