Untitled Part 18

Just because something isn’t happening for you right now, doesn’t mean it will never happen.”

Author’s P.O.V:

                     Ed Sheeran’s  “Don’t” song started seeping in Elena’s room. She shuffles in her bed and covers her ears with a pillow. When her little attempt to suppress the music didn’t work, she slams her fist on the digital alarm clock resting on her side table. It is then she realized that it is not her alarm that’s disturbing her. The music is invading her peace for somewhere else. She recalls her memory. Last night she set the alarm for 6:30, 6:35 and 6:40 AM. But clearly she didn’t wake up instead she killed its sound when it tried to fulfill its duty. She waited for the music to go off but it doesn’t. Usually Elena never wakes up because of some music damn she will never wake up if there is a party going on in her room. But today she decided to sleep in and that is why even the faded sound of the music is successfully disturbing her.
Finally she gives up and gets up from her bed. She doesn’t bother to make her bed. She doesn’t walk towards the bathroom instead she marches down the living room. She stands in the living room not believing her eyes. Two figures holding play station’s controllers sit in the living room playing FIFA. Weird voices coming out of there mouths and she doesn’t want to consider these voices as cheering. Empty bottles of cold drinks, wrappers of chips and chocolates and pieces of men clothing are littering the living room. What disturbs the most is that the almost all the DVDs from the rack are scattered on the floor.  She is still confused with their names

“Patience is a virtue.” She mumbles and fists both her hands on the side. She opens her mouth but closes it and decides to focus on the task at hand and turns on her heels. She enters glass house on her right and follows the sound. She soon enters a room filled with all musical instruments.

“Mr. Hunt wasted a fortune on THIS?” She asks to herself clearly not pleased. Mr. Hunt and Daniel both are really fond of music and they wanted to set a room like this for a long time. It just never happened. And now a band living in his house seems to do its magic.
Annoyance reaches to a whole another level when she sees Harry swinging on the song beats and rapping along with ED Sheeran. His back towards the door.
“Shocker” She thought.
 She walks towards the stereo and turn it off.

“What the-?” Harry stops in the mid sentence when he turns around and sees Elena standing in door frame.
Her face looks like a red balloon that can burst anytime now.
“Why did you do that?” Asks Harry.
“There are people living in this house, people who has problem with loud music.”  Elena says through gritted teeth.

“Oh come on!! Really? This place is perfect for loud music” Harry says throwing his arms in the air.
“ No old aged couple living in the neighborhood. No complaining single mothers.” He reasoned spinning round and round in the room. His both hands still in the air as if he is holding sky at its right place.

Elena’s jaw tightens at his statement.
“Why isn’t he fainting?” She wonders looking at his spinning figure but says nothing. Instead she leans on the door frame waiting for his little ballet act to end.
“Oh wait-“He stops.
’People who has problem with loud music.’ ” He repeats and scratches his right eyebrow with his fore finger.
“Drama King.”
Elena sighs and rolls her eyes.
“Martha didn’t complain nor did your sister Emma and my mates love loud music. So who else can have problem with loud music?” He asks himself tapping his chin.

“I have problem with loud music. And she is not my sister” Elena states putting an end to his little act.
“And why would you have a problem with loud music?” Harry asks innocently trying make his eyes look big.
“Because it disturbs me and actually it has disturbed me.” She reasons, chewing each word.
She pushes herself up from the door frame and stands before him.
“Look, majority of the people don’t have problem with music so little meow meow,” He pauses and watches her reaction at his last words. Elena’s face twitches at the nickname he has just used for her.
“The world has this cruel rule,” Dramatic pause again. “Majority always wins.” He finishes.