Chapter 3

Author’s P.O.V:

         Elena and Emma know each other for more than 11 years. But if you ask Emma do you know Elena J Grayson? She might hesitate to answer. Well in life you can’t be sure that you know somebody completely because even the person himself can’t be sure. Emma thinks that there is more to the story of El that she doesn’t know.

        Mr. Collin started visiting Mr. Hunt when both the Grayson siblings were living at their place in Beck Hole, North Yorkshire. His visits are always short. He doesn’t talk much or you can say he doesn’t have permission to talk much. Elena always shouted at him for no reason and Adam had to calm her down. A lot of things happened in last 11years; Jessica and Aiden Grayson divorce, Adam left Beck Hole and confused little Bunny turning into rebellious El. Most of it came out as a surprise for Elena from Life and it injured her emotions badly. As a result of all this Elena is now unable to trust anyone with her feelings.

        When Elena turned 16 she decided to move to London for further studies without asking the Hunts’. The Hunts’ were shocked to see this kind of behavior but they let it go. After a lot of thinking Mr. Hunt decided that Emma should move to London too. Elena was his responsibility and he can’t let her live alone in a big and busy city as London. Elena tried to convince him but he refused to listen. And now they both are living in London in a triple story house building of Mr. Hunt’s Friend, Mr. Jacob Ross. Mr. Ross’s family lives on the ground floor and El and Emma agreed to live on the second floor, no one lives on the third floor though.

       Mr. Collin visits are now shifted to London. Every month he comes to see El with a black file in his hands. Elena always prefers to meet him alone so Emma doesn’t know much about him. But Emma can hear Elena’s shouting coming from the room’s closed door. This time Mr. Hunt specially told her daughter about Mr. Collin arrival and asked her to control Elena’s anger, but he forgot that no one can control Elena J Grayson.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s P.O.V:

 “its 6:55 PM and Mr. Collin will be here in 5 minutes.” Emma thought to herself glancing at her wrist watch. El is watching TV well not really watching she is just staring at screen without paying any attention to the show. Emma can’t tell whether El is calm or angry because of her blank face but she can surely see the restlessness in her eyes. As the doorbell rang Em walked towards the door. She opened the door revealing Mr. Collin in black three piece suite holding a black file as usual.

“Hey, Mr. Collin what’s up?” said Em welcoming him.

Mr. Collin is always flustered by Em’s attitude.

 She always asks too many questions to him and Mr. Collin is unable to answer them. To be honest he is not allowed to answer them.

“Is Ms. Grayson home?” asked Mr. Colin.

“Yeah. Come in.” said Emma.

Mr. Collin walked inside the house.

“Come this way.” Emma said walking towards drawing room. Mr. Collin wants to say to this young girl that he knows the way but he decided against it and started following her.

“El will be here. You want something?” after Mr. Collin sat down, Emma asked breaking all records of politeness.

“No. I am good.” said Mr. Collin.  

“So, how’s work going?” Emma asked.

“Good” Mr. Collin answered shortly.

“So, you are here for---“

“Mr. Collin would to drink a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. “Emma was cut off by El.

Mr. Collin and Emma both look towards the drawing room door and they both stand up at the same time

“I was just about to leave.” Emma said embarrassed.

“Sure, you were.” El said folding both her arms on her chest.

“Uh erm I think I have to make the juice since you will be busy talking to him.” Em said and left the room.

“Nosy” El mumbled before closing the door.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s P.O.V:

     Emma walks in the kitchen and grabs an empty pitcher and some oranges.

“Mr. Collin would like to drink a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.”  She mocked Elena.

“Orange juice my foot huh. I was so close to find out about Mr. Collin’s mysterious visits but no she had to come at the last moment.” Emma thought annoyed.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s P.O.V:

    After closing the door Elena turned to face Mr. Collin who is still standing nervously.

“Sit down Sir.” said Elena while taking seat across him. Mr. Collin sat down after Elena.

“You have to sign these papers.” Mr. Collin said opening the black file.

“What is written in these?” asked Elena taking file in her hands.

“Same old bank papers Ma’am.” said Mr. Collin. Elena nodded and started signing them.

 “What about this one?” asked Elena stopping at the last paper?

“It doesn’t look like a bank paper.” she said looking straight in his eyes.

“It isn’t” Mr. Collins said wiping sweat off his forehead.

“Then what is it?” El asked sternly.

“It says that you are agreed to be the 50% shareholder of the Grayson’s company. That’s all it says.” Mr. Collin explained.

“That’s all?” Elena raised her voice.

“Yes.” said Mr. Collin.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?” Elena shouted.

“Oh yes I get it because you don’t want to deal with me. Am I right Sir?” Elena asked while getting up.

“Why is he always interfering in my life?” Elena asked again.

“Maybe he doesn’t want to lose you.” said Mr. Collin in a low voice.

“Lose me? Huh he lost me when he chose to live with him.” Elena said hatred filled her voice.

“What can I say Ma’am ? There must be a reason.” said Mr. Collin.

“Reason? Yes there was. He was tired of my responsibility. ” Elena said.

“He is selfish. Well we can’t blame him. It’s in his blood.” Elena said coldly.

Mr. Collin opened his mouth to say “So in yours.” But he doesn’t want to create a scene so he just stay quite.

“I am just doing my job Ma’am.” said Mr. Collin helplessly.

“If you don’t sign this document, he will fire me.”  said Mr. Collin.

“Give it to me.” El said through gritted teeth.

“Here Ma’am.” said Mr. Collin while passing the file to her. El signed it.

“Leave.” said Elena and Mr. Collin left the room because he knows that there’s no use of staying any longer.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note:

If you liked the chapter.

 Please vote and comment.

If you find any mistake in the chapter, let me know.

There’s a surprise in the next chapter  ;)