Hopelessly Devoted To Drama Class

Drama. That's all that echoed through your mind. Drama class, that is.

There was a huge end of the year play coming up and you were selected to play a big part. You had no issue with playing the part and talking to the crowd, but what you didn't know, until you had the part, was that you had to sing. A solo.

"What?! What do you mean I have a solo?" You exclaimed to the teacher after class. "You excel in this class, (Y/N)! You are perfect for this part," Ms. (T/N) replied. Your conversation left you stressed and steamed, so you went on a walk.

A little while into your walk, you got a call from (H/N). You weren't really in the mood to talk. "Hey, listen, I'm really stres-" "I already know, (F/N) told me," he interrupted. "Just stay right there." You stopped walking and turned around to see him walking towards you. You smiled. "So, you can't do a solo?" He smirked. "Yeah, I'm not singing by myself in front of a huge crowd. I don't even sing in front of my friends!" You exclaimed, stopping again out of frustration. "Hey, it's okay, I'm going to help you," (H/N) said, attempting to calm you. "How do you plan on helping me?" You said, doubtful. "I'm not going to explain it, but I'm taking you to my house, so we can practice," he responded. You sighed, but went along with it.

A few minutes later, you arrived at his house. You were welcomed by his dog, which always came bounding up once anyone stepped in the door. Simultaneously, his mom appeared, saying hello also. He took you down to the basement.

"Ok, do you have your song?" (H/N) asked. "Yeah," you said, handing him the paper with the music. He had a few instruments in his basement, including a piano. "Do you think you'd be able to sing in front of me?" He asked. You weren't sure, so you responded with a shrug. "Ok, what about my mom? She knows piano better than I do." "I don't know, I guess we could give it a try," you responded, hesitantly. He ran back upstairs, leaving you and your music.

A few minutes later, he was back with his mom. "Ok! So you're doing a solo for the school play! That's amazing!" She said, immediately after she arrived. You could tell she'd had been in drama class before. You responded with a slight nod and she sat down at the piano with the piano accompaniment for your solo. The play was set in the 1950s-1960s and your solo came from Grease. It was Hopelessly Devoted To You by Olivia Newton-John. You knew the song from watching the movie many hundreds of times, but you knew you'd probably mess up in front of one person, let alone a huge crowd.

"Ok, I'll start playing and I'll bring you in on the 1st verse, (H/N), just wait outside the door," she said, adjusting her music. "Wait, why can't I be in here?" He asked. "Because, you'll make (Y/N) nervous," she said, teasingly. You smiled and blushed, but he listened and went outside. You knew him well enough to know he'd be putting his ear against the wall to hear. "Ok," she said and began playing.

You had no idea what was going to come out of your mouth, your mind went blank as you stated at the paper. You couldn't give up, so you let the words flow out of your mouth as she brought you in.

Guess mine is not the first heart broken
My eyes are not the first to cry
I'm not the first to know
There's just no getting over you

You surprised not only yourself, but (H/N) outside the door, because you heard a gasp from the hallway. You continued, smiling and regaining confidence.

You know I'm just a fool who's willing
To sit around and wait for you
But, baby, can't you see
There's nothing else for me to do?
I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's nowhere to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm out of my head
Hopelessly devoted to you

You continued on, finishing the song and couldn't help it, but being extremely proud and relieved afterwards. (H/N)'s mom laughed and hugged you as (H/N) walked in. He had an extremely shocked expression. You laughed and gave him a hug as well.

Maybe the play wouldn't be so bad after all.
>>><<<
Shoutout to Grease for making me want to go back to the 50's and 60's with poodle skirts, drive-ins, Elvis, all that jazz 😂
Also, if you want the rest of the lyrics, just look up "Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton-John"
Ok that's for reading!!