Chemistry Nerd

(T/N)=Teacher's Name
>>><<<
The bell had just rung on a Thursday afternoon, leading into a four-day weekend. You had Friday and Monday off of school for holiday and teacher meeting purposes. You got what you needed for the weekend out of your locker, and then headed down the hall to find (H/N).

"Alright, see you next week, (T/N)." You heard (H/N) say, slumping out of his chemistry class. You walked up to him. "What's wrong?" "I was having trouble with some formulas in chemistry, so I asked (T/N) for help. His/her idea of "help" was to assign a project."(H/N) responded.

Chemistry happened to be one of your best subjects. "I can help, (H/N)." You said. "No, I don't want to be trouble, you have your weekend." He responded, softly. "No, I'm insisting," you smiled, "It's better me than (T/N), right?"

"So, what's your project about?" You asked him as you were walking out to the parking lot. "I'm supposed to use scientific formulas to "balance chemicals" or whatever. Truthfully, I couldn't care less about that class." (H/N) said, mockingly. You laughed and told him to meet you at your house.

                                   >>><<<

At your house now, you led (H/N) to your back yard where you decided you'd help him with the project. You set up a small working station. After looking at his "project", you figured out that all he had to do was research the formula of a given list of chemical compounds, so it really wasn't as big as you assumed it would be.

"Ok, (H/N), first of all, this is not at all how you described it, let's just see if you can do this first one. Do you know what the chemical formula is for water?" You asked him. "Doesn't everyone? It's H2O." He replied, looking proud of himself.

"See? You already answered question 1. Did you even look through this? Here's the second one: What's the chemical formula for Sodium Nitrate?" You asked, looking up from the paper. After a few moments of "intense thinking" and reading in the chemistry book, he responded with, "NaNO3?" "Yes! Perfect! Ok question 3, what's the chemical formula for Potassium Chloride?"

He began his reading again, and eventually did find the formula. "KCl," he responded. "Amazing, that's literally all you do for this whole page." You said, concluding and handing him the page. Before going on, he smirked at you slightly. "What?" You said, in a content manner. "I love when your nerd comes out," he said, smiling. You smiled and blushed, but responded with, "Do your work," in a teasing tone.
>>><<<
Fitzsimmons has been intruding my brain ever since I started the series. Their science-y personalities inspired this one.
Truthfully, I'm not a huge chemistry nerd yet, so I did research for the last two compounds.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed! This one was kind of nerdy...