Think Before You Speak

{Requested by @dawnofsm123}
(Y/F)-Your Friend
(Y/E)-Your Ex...if you don't have an ex, just use someone you have an ex-crush on or something :)

"(Y/N)! Are you ready yet? Everyone is already there!" You heard (H/N) yell from the living room. It was a sunny afternoon with a surprisingly warm temperature, so you decided to take advantage of it by going to the park with your boyfriend and a couple of other friends. "Just a second! Gotta find my other shoe," you yelled back, hopping around on one foot.

Finally, you managed to get yourself out the door, following (H/N) to the car. "Was it necessary to take that long just to freshen up?" He asked once he shut the car door, sounding annoyed. "I'd say so. It takes a lot for me to look decent," you replied, teasingly. "I doubt that," he smirked, "You always look good." You blushed, "You haven't seen me in the morning before a day of responsibilities."

(H/N) let you drive and you pulled into the parking lot of the park. From a distance, you could see the group of friends, including your best friend, (Y/F). They had set up a picnic scene complete with some blankets and food. You hurried to meet (Y/F), as it had been awhile since you had seen her last. "Hey! How have you been?" She asked. You both proceeded to converse, while (H/N) caught up with a few of his friends.

Everything had been going seemingly great, until someone exclaimed your name. You turned around to face none other than (Y/E), your ex-boyfriend, walking towards the patch of ground you'd spread a blanket over. The relationship had ended abruptly as he'd gone off to college, so you both decided it'd be best to remain friends, but nothing more. "Mind if I join you?" He smiled once reaching your location. You nodded. It was an awkward start, but you began happily catching up with him.

A few minutes later, (Y/F) walked back up to you. "I think (H/N)'s looking for you," she pointed at a concerned figure hurrying its way to you. "(Y/N), who's this?" He panted, catching his breath. "This is (Y/E). We'd dated prior to him going to college." "Oh, do you mind if I join in?" (Y/E) exchanged a confused look with your apprehensive emotions. "I mean, you might not have a lot to add to the conversation, but sure, I guess," (Y/E) responded with a light snicker. You tired to signal him to stop with a head shake, but it was too late.

"Are you saying I don't know my own girlfriend enough to join in on her conversations?" (H/N) added, raising the directness of his voice. "It's okay. We were just talking about the old classes we had together," you tried, but (H/N) was in a daze with only one objective. "It's not okay. How do I know he's not trying to get you back?"

"Look, I didn't even know you were her new boyfriend. I just stopped by to catch up," (Y/E) stood up. (H/N) followed. "Catch up and win her back?" "No! You're being ridiculously over controlling and you're not seeing the big picture!" (Y/E) answered angrily. "The big picture is that you want (Y/N)." You'd had enough. The situation was scary and beginning to cause a scene in the park. "Hey!" You yelled, "We were civilly speaking to each other, (H/N). Nothing more!" You turned away, heading for the car. "And I'm not a prize, so stop saying someone's going to win me! At this point, I'm not up for ownership by anyone, including you!" You ran for the car and put the key in the ignition. Sending a quick explanation to (Y/F), you drove home, tears running down your face. Once you reached your house, you went inside and collapsed on the couch in tears.

The tears eventually relieved your previous emotions, but also sent you into a fury. You were angry, but decided it'd be best to try a sane way of calming down, instead of yelling into a phone at (H/N). Phone or not, you still got your chance as the doorbell rang once, followed by a series of impatient knocks. "You looked outside and saw no other car, except yours. You knew it was him, but something wouldn't let you walk away.

You opened the door to a sullen, nervous (H/N), who would've been compared to a lost puppy if you weren't furious. His first words were "I messed up." "I'd go ahead and strongly agree with that statement," you said, crossing your arms and leaning against the doorframe. "No, seriously. I know I shouldn't have lashed out like that. I wasn't thinking and I acted on impulse. I now understand you both were only catching up." You shook your head, "After I repeated that twice, you still couldn't get it? Did (Y/F) have to explain it to you?" "Yes," he admitted, "And she definitely didn't hold back." You slipped a slight smile of approval for her.

You thought for a moment through a period of silence, "Did you walk here?" "Yeah, I couldn't get over the sight of you leaving. It felt too real," he met your eyes. "How do you know it wasn't?" "You would've slammed the door by now," he responded, matter-of-factly. You nodded, "You have a lot of making up to do." "I know, and I'll do anything. I don't want any of that to happen again."

Another minute of silence passed, "What if I start by cheering you up? If you let me in, I have an idea," he suggested. He seemed sincere in his emotions and willingness to try again, so you allowed him in. You went to the kitchen to get a drink of water. When you returned, (H/N) was beginning to sent up a blanket fort in front of the television. "If you think a movie alone is going to fix everything"- Before you finished, your all-time most favorite movie's title screen popped up on the screen. "-then you may be exactly correct."
>>><<<
~Woah update, that's rare
~Keep sending in requests! They're extremely helpful for me currently as my creativity is being dedicated to millions of school projects!
~Don't forget to vote and comment!