Birthday Presents

(F/N) = Friend's Name; sorry I'm not very consistent with these
(F/C/S) = Favorite Clothing Store

The day was finally here. It was your birthday! Nothing much had been officially planned for today, other than a coffee date with (F/N). You headed out the door to the local coffee shop, where you were to meet her.

Walking into the shop, you saw (F/N), who waved you over. "Hey (Y/N)! Happy birthday!" She exclaimed, smiling. "Thanks!" You said, occupying the seat in front of her. "I got you your favorite! They even added a complimentary cookie!" She pushed the drink and cookie over to you. You laughed and took a sip of the coffee. (F/N) looked down at her phone and rolled her eyes.

"What is it?" You asked. "Nothing," she said, shaking her head. After conversing and just catching up, (F/N) suggested you both could go to the mall. "Maybe you'll find a cute dress or something, who knows?" She said, throwing away a napkin before heading out with you.

You arrived at the mall and immediately went to (F/C/S). If you ever wanted a perfect outfit, you knew you could always rely on them. It didn't take much time to find lots of things to try on. You finally settled on a lace dress. When (F/N) saw you, she immediately declared, "You have to wear this now! That looks so amazing on you!" "I can't wear this right now, we haven't even bought it-" An employee walked by. "Ma'am, can we pay you for this dress, so my friend can wear it now?" (F/N) said, holding out some money. The employee looked at her weirdly, but took the money. "You're crazy," you teased and put your other clothes in your purse.

You said goodbye to (F/N) and headed back home. Once you arrived, you saw your boyfriend (H/N)'s car in your driveway. You curiously looked around and found a note on his windshield that read:

Happy birthday, (Y/N)! Step inside the house and look to your left

You went inside and to your left was a rose lying on the coffee table in your living room. Next to it was another note:

Take this rose with you and go down the hallway to your room

You followed the direction and saw another rose on your nightstand, along with a small box and a note once again. You gasped as you opened the box to find a glistening silver bracelet with small sparkling jewels. You put the bracelet on and read the note:

I hope you like the bracelet :) Take the rose with you and go to the dining room

You made your way to the dining room. The room had been dimly lit with candles and the table lined with a delicate, creme-colored tablecloth. You found one last note that read:

Put the roses in the vase to discover the best birthday wish anyone could ever receive

You carefully put the roses in the vase and (H/N) walked into the dining room from behind you. You laughed and turned around and saw he was dressed nice too. Things finally started falling into place. That's why (F/N) wanted you to wear the dress and why she stalled at the coffee shop. You smiled at him as he walked to the table and placed another rose in the vase. "Happy birthday," he whispered, hugging you from behind.

He pulled out the seat for you and you sat down. Sitting across from you, he looked down and said, "This wasn't too cheesy, was it?" You laughed and replied, "Not at all."

You both had a great dinner and spent the rest of the night eating cake and relaxing with a movie.
>>><<<
~Writer's Block is the worst thing ever. You want to write, but you can't produce anything worth while. Hopefully, it doesn't affect this one too much :/
~Hope you enjoyed this! I found this request from someone a little while ago and figured I could do something with it!