Scary Movies + Rainy Days

It had been raining. All. Day.
You were overwhelmed with boredom, even though your boyfriend, (H/N) came over. He wasn't exactly helping the matter, either.

"(Y/N), what do you want to do?" He'd ask every 5 minutes. Your reply would always be the same: "I don't know".

Eventually, he thought of a "genius" idea. "(Y/N)! I know what we can do! Let's watch a scary movie!" He said, thinking his idea was exactly what you two needed. Scary movies are definitely not your first genre choice to watch. "Umm, I don't know, I'm not a huge fan," you hesitated. "Come on! It'll be fun!" He whined, putting on a pouty face. "Fine!" You huffed. You had to give in, because hey, no one can stand against (H/N)'s sad face.

He smiled out of his proud win and you turned the TV on and opened Netflix. "So, any recommendations?" You said, motioning towards the TV. You never really watched many scary movies besides ones rated under PG-13; you never really felt the need too. "Umm, what about The Babadook?" He responded, after a moment. "The what?" You said, confused. "The Babadook," he smiled and took the remote from you. He found it and said, "Don't worry, you'll probably won't get scared," he said as if he were trying to hold back a burst of laughter. You sighed, still not even enjoying the idea, and he took that as an 'okay'.

You were about to click 'play', when he told you to wait. He started moving chairs around the living room and bringing blankets and pillows from your room. "You're going to have to clean all this up by yourself after this," you teased, smiling at the "fort" he was constructing. "Be quiet and help me get this blanket to stay," his smile vanishing after the blanket fell for the 5th time. You giggled and picked up the blanket to make it stay.

You helped him build the fort and then went inside. You were pretty proud of your effort, along with his. You clicked play and grabbed a pillow for emotional support. (H/N) looked over at you and smiled. "I already told you, you're probably not going to get scared." "Says the guy who suggested "The Babadook", that alone sounds like something ridiculous!" You said back, in a direct voice.

Now about 45 minutes into the movie, he put his arm around you. You leaned against him, even though you were confused as to why he just now decided to do so. You soon found out why. It was probably a good thing you forgot to make popcorn, because it would've went flying. 'The Babadook' then decided to show up out of nowhere close to the screen, which created a loud bang. This made you jump so hard that you almost tore the fort down. (H/N), who obviously had seen the movie before, laughed and pulled you closer to him. "It's not funny," you said, smiling and rubbing your ankle because it hit the chair leg in your scare.

For the rest of the movie, you stayed close, arms wrapped around him. The jump scares still scared you horribly, but you felt safe no matter what. There were even times where (H/N) jumped, which you laughed at him for.

Once the movie was over, you insisted that you had to find a fun movie to watch to get your mind off of the hideous Babadook. Staying in your fort, you picked a comedy, and felt a whole lot better.

Rainy days should come more often.
>>><<<
I've never actually watched The Babadook, but it was #1 on a list of best horror movies on Netflix and the trailer was good, so yeah! I'm probably not going to watch it anytime soon, considering that I don't have a real (H/N) yet 😂
Hope you enjoyed!!

Update: I have since watched The Babadook and it was most definitely horrible 😂 watching it by myself was not a good idea, and it was kind of just idk