Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

Requested by: @izzyDN
(I'm SO SORRY this wasn't done sooner!!)

"Who's that?" Your phone kept buzzing, and you looked down to see none other than (H/N), your boyfriend, texting you for the seemingly 100th time in just an hour. His texts were nonsense, cheesy love messages, and you adored them more than anything. Your friends didn't, however.

"It's a friend," you mumbled. "No, it's not. It's (H/N)," (Y/F) said, in an annoyed tone. You were over at (Y/F)'s house, studying for an upcoming test at school.

"I can't believe you like him," she said, closing a book. "Just 'cause he's a little older than me means nothing. He's the nicest person I've ever met, and I plan to stay with him as long as possible." You replied, standing up. "Don't get so defensive, it's just my opinion." She said, in a fake hurt voice. You seemed to figure out that this study session wasn't going to work out, so you made up an excuse and left for home.

As soon as you arrived back home, you laid on your bed and tried to clear your anger. A few minutes later, you heard a knock on your door. You answered the door to see none other than (H/N). As you invited him in, you noticed he didn't look like his normal self.

"Something wrong?" You asked, sitting down across from him. "Was your phone on?" He asked. You sighed and said, "Yeah, I got all your messages, but I couldn't reply, because I was at (Y/F)'s house. She got judgmental, so I came back here." "That's why I came over. A couple of my friends were over at my house, and they got annoyed and left," he explained, "Why is everyone against our relationship?"

The reason, you thought to yourself, was because everyone thought (H/N) was dangerous and too old for you. Since he was a few years older than you, he had always been criticized by your friends. His friends criticized him for loving someone younger.

While thinking about this, you worked up some confidence. "You know what, (H/N)? Let's do something to show we truly care about each other to everyone else."

He smiled slightly, "What do you have in mind?"
                                 >>><<<

"Hey (Y/F), do you want to go to the park today?" You asked over the phone. "Sure, I've got nothing better to do." "Ok, meet me at my house!" You hung up and got ready.

"Why did you decide to go to the park on a whim?" (Y/F) asked, as you both got out of the car. "Needed to get some fresh air, you know, studying all day." You replied, smiling. You sat on a bench by a tree. (Y/F) looked up from her phone and asked, "Hey, isn't that (H/N)?" You squinted for added effect and replied, "Looks like it. Guess he needed some air, too." You stood up. "Come on, let's go over there." (Y/F) rolled her eyes, but got up.

(H/N) was sitting at a picnic table with a couple of his friends of which he called. "Hey (Y/N)! Guys, this is (Y/N), my girlfriend. The one I'm 'always talking to'." "Yeah and (Y/F), this is my boyfriend, (H/N)." You finished.

You sat down next to (H/N) with (Y/F) on the other side. It took a few minutes, but you all began talking and laughing. Ultimately, your goal was achieved.

"See you later, (Y/N)." (H/N) smiled, following his friends. You smiled back, and followed (Y/F) to your car. "Hey, I'm sorry for what I said about him. He's probably the nicest guy I've ever met honestly," (Y/F) said, once in the car. You thanked her as you drove home. Arriving at home, you exchanged goodbyes.

"You guys are goals, by the way," (Y/F) said, smiling.
>>><<<
~I really hope this wasn't a huge let down...school's been heck and I honestly haven't had much inspiration
~I have a couple more requests I am working on, and they'll get done as soon as possible!