Chapter 2 - Roommate

~ Chapter 2 ~

Worst time to come to has to be when you’re in a bright, loud room. I groan a yawn as I squint against the light. Where am I? Wherever I am it’s loud as hell, and it’s giving me a headache. I rub my temples irritated and my eyes finally adjust to the bright lights. I’m in a makeshift auditorium. How’d I get here? I looked around only to see people talking to each other. Lucky me, I’m the one with all the friends. My conscious snickers. I look around and see a man making his way up to the podium on the stage. All eyes fall on him and the conversations die down until it’s completely silent. Everyone’s focused on the sexy, seasoned man on the stage. The man gave us a brief, tight smile and then opened his mouth to speak. He legit had me hanging off the edge of my seat with how smooth and sexy his voice was. It was like a never ending silk ribbon wrapping itself around all of us, soothing us, coaxing us. I think I’m in love.

“Welcome to Night,” he starts. “I’m Headmaster Hugh. You will hardly ever see me around, if you do it’s typically a bad sign. Anyway, I figure I’ll inform all of our lovely newcomers about Night. It’s a boarding school for those who’ve fucked up. Worse than prison this place is Hell itself. I host Humans, Vampires, Demons, Angels, Shifters, Werewolves, and Warlocks. This is a gigantic building on a very large piece of land. You want to leave? Good luck. Now, I don’t give a flying fuck about your feelings, your titles, your bodies, your blood, your abilities, your power—I. Don’t. Give. A. Shit. I’m simply here to keep you alive, regulate things, and turn you into the good kids you’re supposed to be.”

I looked around. Is this some fucking joke?

“Everything depends on you, if you get yourself into some shit with another species it’s not my job to protect you. It’s my duty to keep you alive. I will resurrect you as many times as possible, but I will not protect you. Here, you must fend for yourselves. Discipline is a big deal here. I don’t believe in giving you shit to do for punishment. I believe in hardcore, life-threatening punishments—in other words—beating you within an inch of your life, making you suffer. I enjoy beating the shit out of people, don’t make me beat the shit out of you. In Night you learn. You’ll be taught things that you didn’t know existed, things that your other kin do not know about. When you leave you do not share this information with the outside world. This is for Night only. It’s busy work that you do—just because you’ll get bored and when you get bored you fuck up so I get to do the honors of beating the shit out of you. In Night there are no boundaries. There aren’t any rules except don’t fuck up. I don’t care if the Humans flit with the Vampires and so on and so forth—just don’t fuck up. As I’ve said, you’re on your fucking own in this place. I don’t ever want to see your faces again,” he said with a serious face. “Good luck.”

He left.

What. Just. Happened.

I looked around and conversations began to rise. What were we supposed to do now? Apparently as I was thinking the question, some girl actually asked.

“Find your dorms, get out of here.” A husky voice demanded. I hadn’t noticed the man leaning against the doorway that the Headmaster left out of. He was dressed in a navy uniform, he was stunning. “Don’t get caught up on the way.” He turned and slipped out of the auditorium.

Not wanting to believe this load of bull, I got up and left the auditorium. I looked at my outfit and realized I was still wearing my outfit from yesterday. I walked the crowded halls only to notice people were staring at me—flawless people. Jeez, I was really out of place here. I shoved my hands in my pockets and sighed heavily. I wasn’t making any progress, hell, I was lost. A guy that had been watching me across the hall left his group of friends and made his way over to me.