Chapter 11 - Run

~ Chapter 11 ~

I ran to Valen's room and banged on the door, tears streamed down my cheeks. Please be in there. The door opened and Valen's expression changed. He furrowed his brow and pulled me in.

"Jesus Christ, Zelda, what happened?" He asked concerned. He closed the door behind me and led me to a couch. I couldn't sit down or lay down on my whole backside.

"T-T-Tempest... whipped m-me," I cried.

"What?" Valen asked. I wiped my eyes on my shirt and turned around. I pulled my shirt over my head carefully and showed Valen just how bad it was. "Shit..." He muttered off a stream of profanities. "Lay down on your front."

I did as he ordered. He took my shirt from my hand.

"Do you trust me?" He asked. I nodded. I trusted anything that could comfort me. "I need you to pull your skirt down, okay?"

I was hesitant but the burning pain in my back was more important. I slid my skirt down and heard Valen curse some more.

"He really beat you," Valen murmured. I then felt a cooling sensation on my back. "I can only close the wounds, but it'll take time for them to heal. He really beat the shit out of you."

"I know." I sniffled. "Just because I was out with his brother."

"Told you to stay away from him, Zelda." Valen scolded. "But I don't think this should've been the resolve. It won't make it so you stay away from Vikos, but only so you cower from Tempest."

"Maybe that's what he wanted."

"Perhaps." Valen muttered.

It was silent. I didn't feel the burns of the lashes in my back anymore, only the comforting, soothing feeling of Valen healing me.

"Maybe you really are an Angel," I murmured as my eyes fluttered closed.

"Are you going to sleep?" Valen asked. I shook my head. "And what makes you want to believe that?"

"You're healing me, there's nothing logical for this. You're actually healing me for the second time." I explained.

"Zelda, your wounds were bad." Valen said. "Had you not come to me they would've gotten infected and we would've had a far bigger problem than we currently do."

"Hmm." I hummed. All I cared about was his touch. "Maybe Tempest really is a Demon."

"What's got you so confessional?" Valen asked concerned.

"Tempest beat me till my back bled, Valen, that's inhumane. There's no way a Human being could do something so cruel and remain utterly emotionless."

"Well, it's not news that Tempest is in fact a Demon, nor is it news that I am an Angel." Valen caressed my back. "Why'd you play hooky with Vikos?"

"Because he's alluring," I murmured and turned my head so I could see Valen. "Because he's sweet to me."

"And we are not?" Valen asked offended.

"Valen, we're just friends. I see Vikos as a potential companion." I muttered remembering how he brushed me off this morning. He opened his mouth to say something and decided not to. "Say it."

"I'm not sure you'd take to it lightly." His tone was sharp. He was offended. Why? He knew we'd be nothing more than friends.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked incredulously. Valen simply said nothing and attended my wounds.

"Why'd you go with him anyway?" Valen asked after a while.

"Vikos?" He nodded. "He reminded me of someone." That peaked Valen's interest.