Chapter 32 - 48

~ Chapter 32 ~

I thought it was perfect timing. The joy, the happiness from everyone... the timing was perfect.

I could feel Tempests' body under mine, but I couldn't bring myself to get up. I wasn't ready to get up. I was exhausted still. There was a knock, a single knock before all seven children rushed in our room making a ruckus.

"Happy birthday, mom!" They sang at the top of their lungs. A smile made its way on my face as I slowly sat up. I looked down at myself only to be thankful for clothes. I looked at Tempest first who gave me a knowing smile and kissed me.

"Happy birthday, Kitten," he grinned against my lips. I felt a hot blush rush to my cheeks before I turned to my kids who all piled on the bed.

"Thank you, babies," I smiled and gave them kisses. Saix grinned.

"What are your plans?" He asked interested. I shrugged and leaned against Tempest.

"As you get older, you stop wanting to do so much. I kind of just want to enjoy the day with my family. I'm grateful for another year with my lovely husband, children, and friends. It doesn't get better than this," I said caressing Tempests hand.

My kids each eyed each other with wide grins, even Zora was in on it. I furrowed my brow. What are they giggling and so excited about? I looked up at Tempest with a raised brow, he just gave me a shrug.

"Okay?" I asked confused. "What are you all so excited for?"

"Oh, only the fact that it's your birthday and that you're children are old enough to delve in pleasures with you," Kalix grinned.

"Well, Zora is pretty young but Fabian won't let her out of his sight," Zerin smiled.

"Wait, so you're saying we should go out?" I asked with wide eyes. I haven't been clubbing in forever.

"I'm saying, that should wait until later," Alcide smirked.

"After all, this may be your last birthday with us. We want to make sure that we got to really know our mother and have fun with our mother," Zora said with a smile. Who told her? "Yeah, I know. I was informed. I'm done crying, I can handle it." I nodded and smiled.

"I have no oppositions, but Tempest might," I said and nudged him. He chuckled.

"Why would I have oppositions? Do you honestly think someone has the balls to dance with my woman or even buy her a drink? No, Zelda, men fear me. They wouldn't dare, you'll be fine," he smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"When you say stuff like that, it really makes me want to put you in your place," I said crossing my arms.

"I'm already in my place," he winked. I scowled at him. Of course he would say something like that.

"So!" Saix said interrupting us. "Hurry up and bathe, we have a surprise for you downstairs." I raised my brow.

"Oh really?" I asked. "In that case, I'll be down in a jiffy."

"More like an hour," Tempest snorted. I quickly turned to him with a hot blush. I cannot even believe... "Oh, come on!"

"Jeez, you are so blunt!" I scolded.

"It's not like they haven't-" I quickly covered his mouth.

"Jesus Christ Almighty, Tempest Draven! I don't need to know the specifics of their sex lives just as they don't need to know the details of ours!"

The boys snorted. "Should've told dad that years ago," Axel chuckled. My face turned even more red. Tempest grinned.

"I had to introduce them with something," Tempest said defensively. "I used our sex life as an example."