Chapter 6 - Brick Wall

~ Chapter 6 ~

"Go on without me." I said waving to an already dressed Lynn who waited for me at the door. She creased her brow.

"I don't think leaving you alone is good idea, Zelda. You've become a target."

"Gee, really? I couldn't tell," I said sarcastically.

"I'm sure she will be fine without you." Greg said. "Let's go."

Unable to fight with his word she frowned sympathetically at me and left with Greg. Fine by me. I headed into my room and dried myself off before getting dressed. I winced at the gigantic bruise on my thigh and covered it with my socks. I looked at my vanity to see a flat-iron. Thank God, Lynn took your hair into consideration. It had to have taken me forever to straighten my hair. It never wanted to cooperate, but after the struggle it always looked beautiful. I watched as my hair went from shriveled up to my shoulders to straight down my back. I ran a brush through it before finally cleaning everything up and leaving.

I hadn't even made it out of the wing with the dorms before I was approached by good ole Shower Boy. I tried to ignore him as he walked next to me. He didn't say anything, he just had a small smirk on his face. When we turned out of the wing I turned to him with a scowl.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"For your safe travels to your destination." He said with a sly smile. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I don't know if you got the memo but I'm pretty off limits."

"You think that just because you're being protected by the Six Devils that we'll stop?" he asked and leaned into me, invading my personal space. "You're quite mistaken, Stacy."

"Zelda." I corrected. "And if you're so fearless then how about you tell Tempest Draven how persistent you plan to be yourself?" I can't believe I'm saying this. Yeah, me either.

"Why tell him when I can show him?" he grinned deviously. I took a step back.

"Yeah, no. You see, if you touch me I'll have no other choice but to take you down and I spent a great deal of time working on my hair. I suggest you fuck off." I said now serious. He stepped back and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Man you are a creep, Shower Boy."

"Shower Boy?" he asked with a raised brow. Was he amused? I think so.

"I don't know your name, so you might as well be Shower Boy."

"Blake, Blake Caeseris." He said with a small laugh. "Werewolf." I groaned and shook my head before I headed in the direction of the cafeteria.

"Pathetic." I scoffed.

"You not believing in this will get you killed!" he called from behind me.

"Yeah, sure. Join the club." I muttered as I made my way into the cafeteria. It was rather filled today.

I caught sight of Greg and Lynn but my main concern was food. I made my usual plate and motioned to sit with Lynn and Greg when I heard my name. I heard his voice over the loud conversing of people. I heard it over fits of laughter and shouting and arguing. It was as if it were only for my ears. My feet moved in the direction of the Six Devils. I wanted to object, I wanted to say no but I knew the consequences for that. I took my seat and they all stared. Alucard twisted a lock of straight hair around his finger.

"So soft," he murmured and brought it up to his nose. "Smells delightful." I ever so gently took my hair from his hands. He smirked.

"Good morning, Zelda." Aric purred and winked. I gave him a tight smile.

"Hi." I muttered.

I didn't see this coming, in fact, I had hoped he wouldn't have done this. Tempest placed his hand on my thigh and pulled my sock down. He gazed at the purple and blue bruise. I looked rather nervous. He brought his fingers up to touch it.

"Zelda Stacy, you are a pain in my ass and I don't even know you." Tempest murmured. His touch was so soft I didn't even feel it. "Does it hurt?"

"No." I lied.

He sighed. "Did you put ice on it."

"I didn't need to."

"Let's stick with one-worded responses, yeah? It seems as if whenever your run your mouth you tend to piss me off." He warned. Fine.

"Okay."

"Who encountered you on your way here?" Sven asked. I gaped. "What?"

"How'd you know someone came up to me?" I asked.

"You're not in your dorm, Zelda," Valen warned. "Tread lightly."

I think they were expecting an apology. Valen raised his brow expectantly. "Sorry." It was such a tight, dry apology.

"Do you know who he was?"

"Know him? No." I murmured and began to eat.

"Did you catch his name?" Rex asked.

"Blake Caeseris?" I said looking to Aric. He only groaned and ran a hand through his hair.

"Of all Werewolves what were you doing with him?" Aric asked.

"Well, it's the third time I've crossed paths with him." I blushed as I thought of the showers-man, that was awkward. How long had he been there?

"Third?" Aric asked, his gaze darkened. He wanted me to explain.

"First time, he creeped up on me... in the shower," I whispered lowly. God, this was embarrassing to tell.

"Oh did he?" Aric asked. "And what happened there."

Jesus Christ, I do not want to have to explain this to a bunch of men! "He told me to stop singing because I'd draw too much attention to myself. Then-" I tried to move on, but Aric wasn't done yet.

"He didn't touch you at all did he?"

"No."

"Good. Continue."

"Second time, he sat across from me the first day I came. He warned me, and told me I should be grateful because he saved my life in the future." I said rolling my eyes. They were silent, Aric was obviously fuming. So I figured I'd continue. "The third time was recent, he pretty much stalked me. That's about it. And once again, told me I was in his debt."

"You are not." Aric growled. "Stay away from him-"

"You should keep your wolves in check and maybe then you'd realize she isn't the problem. How could she have possibly approached someone she didn't know?" Alucard asked. "It's clear she wouldn't, you saw how embarrassed she was explaining their encounter. It's his fault." Did Alucard just stick up for me?

"He's not my wolf, he's my enemy." Aric grumbled. Well that explains his rage. I looked over to see Tempest brooding silently. I took note that he was still caressing my thigh, but oddly enough I wasn't bothered. Probably because it was so soothing. Both Alucard and Aric ended up getting in a heated argument because Aric's a 'werewolf' and Alucard's a 'vampire'.

"So who watches the girl today?" Rex asked placing his hands behind his head.

"Me." Alucard said possessively. Sven narrowed his eyes.

"Not a good idea, Alucard." Sven muttered. "How do we know you won't drain her?"

"Because clearly I have a completely consenting Human being I feed off of already, regularly." He rolled his eyes. Brooke. That explains why she turned her nose up at me.

"We all know how you Vampires and Demons get whenever you come across fresh blood, Alucard. I'd rather not take the chances-"

"Chances of what?" Tempest asked snapping out of his thoughts. "Her death? We don't even know this Human girl and we're protecting her. For what?"

"She's innocent." Valen sighed. "That's why we're protecting her. It's not about the past, it's not about our vendettas toward each other, it's about the fact that there is a live innocent girl here."

I'm not innocent. But I'm not bad either.

"Alucard will be just fine." Valen said. "If I managed then he can too. It's not hard, you just have to channel your anger for later."

"You were angry with me?" I asked before I could stop myself. His blue eyes leveled with mine.

"Angry? No. Not really. You see, you don't know discipline, Zelda. You think that everything that happens doesn't come with a price, but it does. Especially here."

"Bottom line is, we'll get you out of here-just don't fuck up." Tempest said looking down at me. "In any sort of way."

Why do they think I'm the one who will fuck up? I sighed and just finished my food even though I had lost my appetite. They spoke amongst themselves and whenever they didn't want me to hear something they were silent. Even still Tempest's hand caressed my thigh.

"I think it's about time you let go of our pet," Alucard finally said grabbing the attention of everyone at the table. "If you're so bothered by her scars then maybe you should've thought before you acted on your rage."

Tempest narrowed his eyes at Alucard, Alucard wasn't fazed one bit. "How about you not judge me until you too have gone through what I am. Then let's see how you feel about your accusation, Alucard." His tone was cold as ice.

"Since when did the powerful, almighty Lord Tempest Draven feel guilt?" Alucard asked dryly.

"I think I have to go." I whispered interrupting their argument. It was awkward for me because I was in the middle of them both. Tempest glared at me and Alucard smiled.

"Don't interrupt," Tempest growled. Alucard quickly pulled me away from Tempest before he could react on anger again. Alucard clicked his tongue against his teeth.

"She's not under your care today, Tempest, you can't hurt her. I can. And I feel as if she just saved your life, you're in her debt." Alucard snickered. "Be thankful." Tempest stood at eye level with Alucard. They were inches from each other and I was caught in the middle once again.

"Must you test me?" Tempest asked lowly. "I will peel the skin from your bones and make you eat it." I cringed at his threat.

"No one fears you anymore, Tempest." Alucard said lowly. "Or have you forgotten the past already?"

For the first time in my life I saw emotion in Tempests eyes, he was shocked, then defeated. He clenched his jaw before he was back to his emotionless self. He looked down at me with a scowl before he walked away. Alucard pulled my sock up gently and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"Curiosity killed the pretty Human girls, Zelda." Alucard said tapping my nose. How'd he know I was thinking about what he was talking about?

"They weren't only Human girls, Alucard." Sven snickered.

"Don't listen to him, Zelda, he's only trying to scare you." Valen said. Alucard snorted.

"She should be scared-not only of Tempest, but of all of us-"

"Shut up, Alucard," Aric growled. Everyone glared at Alucard.

What the hell happened in the past? Alucard put his hands up in surrender.

"If we don't tell her someone else will," Alucard said with a raised brow. He turned to Aric. "Perhaps your Blake Caeseris will enlighten our pet on our history here at Night."

"Or worse," Rex murmured. They all became silenced. What was worse than finding out the past?

"Zelda, promise me you won't dig." Valen said softly. Whoa. Change of emotion there. "It's okay to wonder how we got here, but don't dig for information."

"May I ask why?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

"Because it will make you just as guilty as the rest of us-it will rot your brain, literally fuck you up mentally. And it will get you killed." Sven said solemnly.

"There is nothing anyone could possibly do to bring you back, kitten." Aric murmured. "It's that bad."

"So promise you won't dig." Valen begged.

"I... I... I'll try." I couldn't promise, the chances of me breaking it are far too high.

"We want to get you out of here, the only way to do that is to prove your innocence." He said.

"But I'm not innocent," I argued.

"Zelda, this is Hell. You're like the purest Human here. You're innocent upon the eyes of Night, you don't belong here." Valen's eyes were bright as he spoke. "Why do you think Aric wants you so badly?"

"Because Aric fucks anything that's mammalian." Alucard snorted. "Zelda just so happens to have a perfectly intact vagina-he wants it." Aric rolled his eyes. If only they knew.

"I may be a Werewolf but I'm no dog."

"You both smell the same." Alucard retorted. "Just swear you won't tell and let us be on our way, Zelda."

"Okay." I nodded. "I won't dig."

"Good girl." Alucard said and placed his arm on my shoulder.

Every single one of them narrowed their eyes at Alucard.

"She's not Brooke, take your hands off." Valen ordered. Alucard lifted his hands in a surrender.

"As you wish. I'd hate to lose my delightful source of food and sex." Alucard said shaking his head. He extended his hand in a gentlemanly manner. "Lady," he nodded. I slipped my hand in his and blushed some. "We'll be on our way."

We left and were on the way to the Angel wing when he turned down a dark unfamiliar hallway. I looked shocked, hell, frightened.

"W-where the hell are we going?" I asked slightly in fear. "Alucard!" I felt a cool brick wall against my back. I could see his bright teeth in the dark hallway. "What are you doing? Get off of me!" I tried pushing him, he wouldn't budge.

"Do you believe in Vampires?" He asked in a low, seductive voice.

Is this some kind of joke? "Are you fucking kidding me?" I then breathed a sigh of relief. "You're trying to scare me."

He chuckled low and deep. I laughed with him. Then I felt my hands pinned above my head against the cold brick wall. Confusion and slight fear coursed through my veins.

He inhaled deeply and moaned. "The smell of fear is one of my favorites, Zelda." He purred my name.

"If you don't get off of me..."

"You'll what?" He asked. "You'll scream bloody murder there's a Vampire? I am Alucard Draga, no one will save you."

One thing ran through my mind. I was about to be raped.

"I don't believe in Vampires or any of this shit." My voice was shaky.

He smirked and then smiled wide. Long, sharp canines stretched out of his gums. They touched his bottom lip. He ran his tongue along them.

"Then let me be the one to give you something to believe in."