Chapter 30 - Bring You Back

~ Chapter 30 ~

My boys stayed with me that night. I was glad they did, they kept me together. I didn't know what I would do without them. We spoke to each other all night.

"Why didn't you chase him?" I asked. "He's your father."

"You're our mother," they said with smiles. "We love you. We love you both, but there's a connection we each have with you that's unbreakable."

"All we ever want to do is protect you," Phoenix smiled.

"I don't want you to think I hate your father," I murmured. "I love him, I'm sure I always will."

"You're strong, mom," Alcide smiled.

"You still love Verik don't you?" Saix asked. I nodded.

"Is that bad?" I asked.

"I don't see how it is, he protected you, loved you, loved me too until he found out what I could do. Everyone's right you know. He won't hurt you, but he will destroy all of us, given the opportunity," Saix said.

"I won't let him hurt you," I promised.

"Yeah, well, we know," Kalix laughed. I smiled.

"I love you boys," I said softly. "You're beautiful, amazing, talented men. You'll make fine Kings and husbands."

They chuckled. "Being King isn't as important as keeping you alive, sorry."

"Oh, please," I snorted. "I'm a Human, I'm not meant to live forever. I've lived through your first experiences, I just don't want to miss out on Zora's."

"She likes that Fabian guy," Zerin snickered.

"He's good," Saix said softly. "I've been keeping an eye on him since he came in here. He's good to her."

"I just worry she'll jump too fast," Phoenix murmured.

"If she's anything like me, she'll wait a few weeks before she does. But I think Fabian is a gentleman, he knows she's pure," I smiled thoughtfully.

"We'll still watch him," Saix said stubbornly.

"That's what you're supposed to do, silly," I laughed and nudged him. "Always protect your sister, even when she says she doesn't need it."

"Get some sleep, mom," my boys said softly. I nodded. I had a long day ahead of me.

"Promise you'll come back?" Zora asked with wide eyes.

"I'll try," I said softly. She frowned.

"Don't give up on dad, okay?" I nodded then sighed.

"Wish me luck," I said.

"Luck."

Walking through this portal didn't feel like death and it was a lot shorter than the one with Tempests' Panic Room. I looked out and noticed the sun had begun to set. Wow, different times. I began to walk until I saw the castle Rex told me about. I pushed the gate open and walked until I saw the door. Before I could knock the door had opened. I made my way in and the doors shut behind me. I looked around in complete awe, this place was huge.

"Zelda," I heard a familiar voice say. I turned slowly and met blue eyes. I practically choked on how godly he looked. He was tall, fair skinned, toned, dark, and devious. "What a surprise."

"Verik," I breathed still taken aback by his utter beauty. This is what Tempest meant. "It's a long story."

"I've got the time," he said and began to walk away. I followed him into a lofty room and sat down on a sofa. He sat across from me and trailed his fingers along his lips as he studied me.