Chapter 28 - Together

~ Chapter 28 ~

I waddled my way down the halls and stairs to the room where the Devils had their meetings all the time. I don't think I was supposed to be involved, but I didn't care. If I felt that it involved Fabian, I wanted to know. Hell, I should be involved because Verik is the one who doesn't want to hurt me. I don't mind being bait if it means we can take him down and find Fabian. Not only that, but for the life of me, I couldn't find Saix anywhere.

I opened the door and walked in. I was bigger than an elephant, and I was in so much pain. I think I'm going to have twins. That's the only explanation for this. Everyone turned in my direction, even Saix. I scowled at him. Tempest was the first to speak. I supported my back with both hands and narrowed my eyes at Saix, who hid behind Tempest. Tempest chuckled, Saix must've said something mentally.

"Saix," I said lowly. "Are you supposed to be in here?"

"Daddy said it was okay," Saix said in a tiny voice. I turned my fierce gaze upon Tempest.

"Did he?" I sneered.

"Yes, yes he did," Tempest said amused. I groaned and waddled over to a seat.

"Do you realize how badly I was freaking out? I walked all over the place for you! And you-" I pointed at Tempest. "You could have warned me! But you didn't! My feet hurt," I whined. I ran a hand through my hair. "It's hot in here."

"You're just a ball of complaints aren't you?" Sven muttered. I scowled at him.

"She's pregnant, what do you expect?" Rex said. I rolled my eyes. I had noticed Valen and Aric were stuck staring at my stomach.

"What?" I said bitterly.

"You're huge," Valen blurted out. Everyone punched him in the shoulder.

"I am?" I asked in a menacing tone. "I am?! Well how about you try carrying two babies in your stomach for nine months! How about that! See how big you get!"

"Zelda," Tempest said cooly. "Calm down." Great, he's doing it again. Be thankful, I don't like being a mean-ass.

I gave him a polite smile. "Sorry," I muttered to the Devils. "Hormones."

"Twins?" Rex asked. I shrugged.

"Tempest won't tell me, Saix won't tell me. No one wants to tell me," I grumbled. "With Saix it wasn't like this, things were easy."

"He was also your first," Rex argued.

"Even still," I muttered. "It has to be twins. It feels like they're playing football in my womb."

"You mean like right now?" Alucard asked with wide eyes. I nodded.

I had never seen those boys move so fast in their lives. I think the only ones who didn't move were Tempest and Rex, maybe because they've felt it before. I guess I had become used to having hands on my stomach. My maids were always asking to feel.

"That's so..." Alucard started.

"Weird?" Aric asked.

"Strange?" Sven asked.

"Cool?" Valen asked.

"Lovely?" Rex asked.

"Fascinating," Tempest said.

"Fascinating!" Alucard said with a grin. "It is."

"It's incredible," Tempest said with a soft smile. "Humans and Warlocks are the only ones who physically carry children. It's amazing, seeing the development of a child in another being."