Chapter 25 - From Time

~ Chapter 25 ~

Fabian wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my neck. I smiled and tried to finish cooking. He still wouldn't leave me alone.

"For a Prince you have no manners," Althea scolded. "Let the women work!"

"Don't you have servants for this kind of work?" Fabian asked with his arms still around me.

"When you have as many children as I do, servants don't cut it. They have maids and butlers but the food is up to me. I will always cook for them. Mothers should always cook for their children," Althea said firmly.

"I see why you two get along so well," Fabian said into my neck. I giggled and grinned at Althea. "You're both a ball of fire." Althea rolled her eyes.

"We have visitors tonight, Prince Fabian, it would be lovely if to could find it in your heart to give Zelda space to finish cooking. Surely you can find some other time to have sex with her. The kitchen is completely off limits!" I blushed hard.

"Thea!" Rex scolded, Althea crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at Rex. She feared him to a fault, and he loved her for it. "Leave them be."

"I don't think so," she said lowly. "Finish cooking, Zelda." She said as Fabian took a few steps away from me and watched. I finished cooking and turned the heat off. Saix then ran in and hugged Fabian. He liked Fabian. Fabian smiled and kneeled to his level.

"How's it going?" He asked Saix.

"Good," Saix smiled. Fabian caressed his face.

"You're beautiful just like your mother," Fabian murmured.

"Mommy is very pretty," Saix said and looked behind him. He waved at me and I waved back. Fabian picked Saix up and motioned for us to step out. I walked over and wrapped my arm around Fabian.

"Four years since you've seen them?" Fabian asked. I nodded.

"A little more than that," I said lowly.

"Are you still angry at him?" Fabian asked softly. I furrowed my brow. "Valen."

"No, of course not," I murmured. "I forgave him a long time ago. I just... I fear that when they arrive I'll break inside because Tempest isn't here with us." Fabian cupped my face and gazed into my eyes. His beautiful green eyes.

"You're afraid they'll hate Saix," Fabian said softly. "Because he is more Tempest than he is you. You're afraid they'll fear him like they feared Tempest." He caressed my cheek and smiled. "You don't have to hide the truth from me, Zelda. I believe you. I understand."

"You don't, you like Saix because you see him like a regular kid," I argued.

"I'm petrified of Saix, he's got undiscovered powers and if he were to find them... well, he would be exactly like his father. He's just so innocent, I see your innocence in him and it gives me hope... that Saix will be good." I frowned. If Tempest were here, he wouldn't be afraid of Saix, he would love him. But he's not.

I ran a hand through my hair and heard familiar voices from down the hall. Fabian pulled me to him, he let his captivating green eyes seduce me. He pressed his lips to mine and kissed me softly.

"I want you and whatever comes with you, no matter the cost," he murmured against my lips.

"You say that, but do you mean it?" I asked. My gaze flickered to his eyes.

"I mean every word, Zelda. I love you, and that's what lovers do."

"We're not even together," I laughed. He smiled and ran his thumbs along my lips gently.