Chapter 34 - Time Just Gets Away From Us

~ Chapter 34 ~

She panicked like I did.

She looked like I did.

She smiled like I did.

She sighed in relief like I did when someone familiar walked in.

She was truly my spitting image.

She looked at me with hopeful eyes as I stepped in the room. I took in her beautiful frame and let out a choked gasp. My daughter, eighteen years old and getting married. I made my way up to her and gave her a tight hug. She hugged me back even tighter.

"Why am I nervous mom, when I've known him for two years?" She asked me softly.

"Because, here, you will find out if you really love him and if he really loves you," I said with a smile as I looked at her. "That and you're getting married in front of millions of Warlocks."

She laughed a little and dabbed her eyes. "Where's dad?"

"I told him to give me a minute alone with you, but I'm sure he's on his way in right now," I said. And as if he read my mind he stepped in.

"Oh my," he murmured in awe. I stood next to Zora and smiled at Tempest who was star struck by his daughter. "Zora, you look like an Angel."

She blushed and embraced her father just as I had. But he wouldn't let go. He frowned to me.

"You're getting married," he said solemnly. "You won't be a Draven anymore."

"Yeah, Dad, that's what happens when you're a female getting married. You give up everything for your husband," Zora said with a soft smile as she pulled away to look at her father.

"You're my only girl, Zora Scarlett," he murmured. "What will I do when you're gone?"

"You have mother, daddy," Zora smiled broadly. Tempest looked up to me. I frowned at the sadness in his eyes. Wow, I never knew how attached to Zora he was. He turned back to Zora and sighed. She frowned too. "Daddy..."

"It's hard, okay?" He said softly. "I have to give you away."

"I'll always be your little Human girl, daddy," she said softly. She leaned up to kiss his cheek. "Always."

A smile made its way on Tempests face once he realized that she was right. She's always been his little girl, even when she was with me, she was his little girl. He gave her a soft kiss to her forehead.

"According to traditions, I'm supposed to give the first daughter an heirloom from my mother who also was the first daughter. You'll never be able to use it, but I doubt you'll need to. After all, you're marrying a Warlock." Tempest pulled a diamond cased box out of his pocket and opened it to reveal a stunning necklace. The pendant looked like there was a nebula surrounded by glass. As if someone were able to capture a nebula. I stared completely in awe. He put the necklace on her and stepped away. Zora clutched it and looked at it in awe.

"What can it do?" She asked.

"Many things, whatever you ask of it. It's like a genie in a necklace, it'll grant your every wish and desire as long as you ask it. But I don't think it would do much use as that considering you're Human," Tempest said with a sigh. "Although, I believe you should give it a try sometime."

Zora beamed and hugged Tempest again even tighter. "I love you, daddy," she breathed.

"I love you too, baby girl," he said softly.

I just stared in awe, wishing I had a camera to capture this moment. I never knew Tempest was this way. I knew he had a soft spot of women, but not like this. He pulled away and observed her before he held her hands.