Chapter 31 - Grandloves

~ Chapter 31 ~

It was like being back at Night, only worse. Not only did he treat me like shit alone, but he treated me like shit in front of our kids. He wasn't passionate for a second. And he tried to take them away from me as if I didn't give birth to them. He was trying to break me apart, and he was slowly starting to succeed. My pride was worth more.

"How are you holding up, Zelda?" Alucard asked. I just shrugged.

"Nothing new," I murmured. "He still hates me."

"He doesn't hate you, he's just upset with you and heartbroken," Sven interjected.

"Heartbroken people don't do this to the people they loved!" I snapped on the verge of tears. "You should see the way he looks at me! The shit he calls me! My children can't even call me their mother! This is worse than what I did to him and he doesn't even care!"

They frowned. There was nothing they could do but comfort me. I pretended to be strong around Tempest because I couldn't bear for him to know that I've been broken. He's taken any and everything I ever loved away from me. I don't know why he hasn't sent me to earth, because right now I was considering that option.

I sat outside and watched the moon's reflection in the water. It was a warm night. I think I was the only one up. I sighed heavily and leaned my head against the pillar.

"You should be sleep," I heard him say from behind me.

"I don't see why you give a shit," I said bitterly. "I told you I wasn't going to bow."

"And I told you that you would regret not bowing, how do you feel right about now?" He asked.

"Like stabbing you in the chest where your heart is supposed to be," I said honestly.

"As do I," he said and took a seat next to me.

"Get away from me," I said sharply. "Haven't you realized that you've done enough? My home has become my prison, I can't see my family or even claim them as my own, you've taken everything from me-what more do you want?!"

He ignored that. "Remember when I first showed you my creation?" He asked.

I just shook my head and laughed without humor. He was going to continue to torment me.

"You were so eager to leave," he said with a soft chuckle. "You were dating Valen. It made me so mad, it's why I took you there, because I wanted you away from him. Then you came on to me. You have a bad habit of cheating on the people you love."

"Shut up, Tempest. I wouldn't have cheated had you not bitched at me and called me pathetic," I said lowly.

He sighed. "I'm not going to pull the "that wasn't me" card, because it doesn't matter that it wasn't. You don't realize the pain you put me through. I was fighting for you, I was trying, I was doing the best I could do, but every time I would do something wrong you would flip out and lose your shit. I was so fed up. So angry... and then you left. You fucking left me to fuck your friend. You think that what you're going through is worse than I felt? Is that your logic? No, Zelda, I felt worse than what you feel. And I'm going to keep making you suffer until you feel exactly what I did. When you do, I'll stop." He got up and walked away.

I turned back to the moon's reflection with blurry vision. Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, he throws ten thousand tons of guilt at me.

Day after day it would get worse and worse. I ultimately stopped talking to him because every retort he had would have me in tears. Tempest was a Demon, he knew how to be mean, especially when he's been fucked over. I began to understand that this is what I deserved. If Tempest was truly trying, I should've listened. Too late for regrets. I know.