Chapter 3 - Night

~ Chapter 3 ~

Food. Food. Food. Food. Food.

It was the only language my brain could comprehend, and the only language my stomach was listening to. The cafeteria was quite full as Lynn and I made our way down. She went in a totally different way as I went to grab my food. I didn't really care about where she was going or anything, the only thing that was on my mind was food.

I made a plate and found an empty table and sat there. Not caring about anything else in the world I began to eat the unhealthy/healthy food on my plate. As I was indulging I felt the chairs move and a figure or two... no, maybe three sat down. My gaze snapped up to the three immaculate men in front of me. One of which was in the shower with me this morning. My face flushed and my appetite vanished at the embarrassing moment before I realized that this was in fact my time to retaliate. I glared at him.

"The fuck do you want?" I asked bitterly. He looked in shock for a brief second then his gaze hardened.

"A bit hostile to the man who practically saved a piece of you in the future," he snickered. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, wow. Let me guess, the Demons will seduce me, the Vampires will drink my blood, the Warlocks will curse my blood, the Angels will try to do whatever the fuck Angels do, and the Werewolves will eat my flesh? Am I right?" I asked. The three men looked between themselves and laughed.

"You don't believe it?" he asked with his head cocked to the side.

"You're in for a rude awakening," his friend grinned. Shower boy narrowed his eyes at his friend and his friend immediately found something else to look at.

"No, I don't believe that load of bull. I've got a fucking roommate telling me she's a goddamn Witch. You expect me to believe in that? You all look awfully Human to me!"

"Of course we do, but if you want to see true forms I suggest you reel it in," he said leaning in to me. "You draw an awful amount of attention to yourself, Zelda Stacy." I moved away from him with wide eyes.

"How the-"

Shower boy grinned. "I have my ways. But if it helps you sleep at night, I know everyone that steps in this hellhole."

"So you're the makeshift god of this place? Mr. Omniscient."

His gaze darkened. "No. I've been here long enough to know freshmeat and stale meat." He rose to his feet and ran a hand through his hair. "I'll be seeing you around, Zelda. Try to stay out of trouble."

How the hell is he going to drop in and not give me his name but use mine? That's not fair.

"Everyone believes that bullshit." I muttered and finished my plate.

Lynn came over with a guy. I noticed they were holding hands. Ugh. Couples. I pushed my empty plate away from me as they took their seats.

"Greg, meet my roommate Zelda. Zelda meet my boyfriend Greg. He's a powerful Warlock." She beamed at him with eyes of admiration. I gave him a quick smile before I turned to Lynn.

"How the hell did you get in here?" I asked. "You're not the type to fuck up."

"How would you know that?" she asked with her head cocked.

"Because it's written on your face." I said in a duh tone. She shook her head and laughed a little.

"Girl, aren't you one to judge a book by its cover. I did fuck up. I did it once, and my parents kicked me out. I've been here for about... four years now? They don't want me back, and quite frankly I don't want to leave. A lot of shit kicks off here year after year. I wonder what it'll be this time." She tapped her chin and observed the room. Her eyes then flashed and she looked at me. "What if it's you?"

"Don't jinx me." I muttered.

"Oh. So you believe in bullshit superstitions and not other beings? Wow, you Humans are creatures of denial."

"I like how you speak of yourself when you said that. Don't judge your kind."

"I'm a Witch-I'm technically not Human precisely for the fact that I live longer, have abilities, and my blood is tainted so only certain species can drink it and not die." She said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "You not believing in this will get you killed, you know."

"If I had a dime for every time..." I murmured. "What next?"

"I'm going to show you around. Now, I warn you, be careful what you say in the hallways. You don't want Tempest Draven to hear you."

"Who is this Tempest and how can he hear anything?"

"He's one of the most powerful species here-he fucked up real bad." She whispered. "I can tell you about him and a few others in the dorm. It's more secretive there." I just laughed.

"I swear if this is a fucking joke..."

"It's not, Zelda." She snapped. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, sure." I scoffed and stood up. "Just show me the damn ropes."

The whole time Greg completely ignored me, whenever I directed questions and conversations at him he completely ignored me. Lynn was just so generous and happy-go-lucky that it had become annoying before we even made it out the dining hall.

Night was huge. There were so many doors, wings, hallways... it was so big. There were legit wings for each species. Lynn said that the classes aren't separated by race-there's no discrimination here. Only personal vendettas. We had been down each wing and honestly I was too fascinated by the wealth to even care about the history or reasons.

"So much bullshit," I muttered under my breath.

A man emerged from the hallway and Lynn immediately dropped to her knees and bowed. Greg followed suit in a less dramatic way. He kneeled and then stood. The man looked directly at me. I hadn't noticed the girl next to him who eyed me in disgust. Not sure who you're turning your nose up at sweetheart, but you don't want to row that boat with me.

"Lynn don't be pathetic, get up." I said rolling my eyes. Greg glared at me and so did the girl beside the man.

"Pathetic?" the girl squeaked obviously angry.

"Yes, pathetic. This isn't the fourteenth damn century, we don't bow." I said dryly. "Besides, if all of this bullshit is real, you still wouldn't catch me bowing-to anyone."

She growled.

"Reel it in pussycat. If you want to scrap, let's fucking go." I challenged completely fearless. She stepped forward but the tone of the man held her back.

"Brooke." He said sharply. She gasped and kneeled behind him. He took a step forward, Greg stepped over to Lynn.

"She's not mine." Greg said and placed his hand in a protective manner on Lynn's back. The man had a impassive expression.

"Zelda Stacy," my name rolled off of his tongue like a ribbon of silk. How badly did I want to cave, I did. But one thing was bothering me... how the hell did he know my name? "You must be new."

"Quite the observant one aren't you," I muttered dryly. I saw Brooke's head snap up briefly before she dropped it again.

He made his way over to me and sniffed. He ran his tongue along his lips and sighed in delight. A blissful grin made its way on his face. "You smell delicious."

"Wow. Great scare tactic." I said sardonically. I turned to Lynn. "You're still on the ground?"

"Don't involve her." Greg growled.

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes. I turned to Mr. Typical Vampire and gave him my billion dollar fuck-off smile. "Are you done?"

"For now," he said with a small smirk. "Rise." Both Brooke and Lynn rose to their feet. Greg immediately wrapped his arms around Lynn protectively. "Relax, I don't want your Witch." He then bore his dark eyes into my soul. "I already know what I want."

Without another word he walked away from us. He didn't even look back, only Brooke did just so she could scowl at me. I flicked her off and turned to Greg and Lynn. Greg was scowling too, Lynn had wide eyes.

"Jesus Christ that was scary." She breathed and clung to his shirt. I rolled my eyes.

"There was nothing scary about him. Can we go back to the dorm now?" I asked impatiently. Lynn nodded and Greg continued to glare. "I don't think your boyfriend likes me."

"He doesn't." Lynn murmured. "He won't talk to you directly, he doesn't respect you-and now he hates you for almost taking me away from him."

"Tough crowd." I murmured. "Well, it's a good thing I don't have to appeal to him then, huh. I'm not here to impress anyone-I just want to get the hell out of here."

We headed back to the dorm and got comfortable. Greg continued to glare at me and I figured ignoring him was the only way I'd be able to handle him. I flopped on one of the lounge chairs and stared at Lynn who was in Greg's arms.

"Tell me about the man in the hallway." I said crossing my arms.

"Alucard Draga." She breathed. "The most powerful Vampire at Night. He's dangerous, competitive, and extremely sadistic. You don't want to get involved with him. Whenever he wants something he gets it."

"That's it?" I asked after she didn't say anything.

"You don't really speak ill of the students with power." She said lowly. "There are many of them, but only six run this place."

"The Headmaster runs this place." I corrected.

"You won't see the Headmaster unless you're knocking at death's door. You literally never see the Headmaster."

"Okay, so these six kids run the school. And they are?"

"Tempest Draven, Alucard Draga, Aric Wolfe, Valen Tate, Rex Pendragon, and Sven Vega. No Human runs this place-Humans are easily ran over here. It takes a lot to stand up to them. Each is a species of their own. Many years ago they were very close-good friends, you know, because they all came from royalty and power. But something happened, something none of them ever speak of that tore them all apart."

"So they hate each other?"

"Not necessarily. They don't hate each other, they just aren't really close. They still respect each other-respect is a big deal here. If you have none no one pays you any mind."

"Our good friend Alucard sure seemed entertained."

"Alucard wants you to be his pet. He has a lot of Human pets," Lynn said softly. "He gets what he wants, Zelda."

"He's going to have to fight me for it."

Greg just laughed. I scowled at him and rolled my eyes.

"What now?" I asked.

"Now you rest. Your classes start first thing tomorrow."

"How am I supposed to know where to go?" I asked.

"They'll have your schedule in the cafeteria when you walk in. Don't worry, I'll get you all set up." She beamed. I nodded and rose to my feet.

"So I'm guessing I just sleep now then, huh?"

"You can do whatever you want, Zelda. You just can't leave this room without your uniform on unless it's Saturday or Sunday." I groaned.

"I hate uniforms."

"Learn to love it."

"I don't think I have much of a choice."