Underlying Suspicion

Ed's POV
I ran downstairs, just to grab the door. I took a small breath before opening it. I gasped in shock at who it was. Hohenheim looked at me, and grunted. "Who is it?" He asked in annoyance. "Good afternoon Ms. Elric," The prince greeted. I nodded, and looked down a bit. "Good afternoon your highness....." I replied. He smiled softly at me. Hohenheim looked at the prince. "Your majesty, what brings you to our humble home?" He asked. 'Hmpf. Humble my ass.' I thought. The prince looked at him. "Well, I wanted to meet the person who saved my life the other day, and her family." He replied. "I also wanted to invite you all to the ball being held in three days." He explained. Hohenheim nodded. "Well, come in. I'll have Edlyn make lunch." He explained. Then, he turned to me. I flinched softly in slight fear and panic. "Don't mess up got it?" He seemed to growl. I nodded. "Yes Father." I muttered, walking into the kitchen.
Roy's POV
I watched as Edlyn walked away. I glanced over at Hakweye as we sat on the couch. "I apologize for the mess.....after my wife, Trisha died, the house hasn't been in it's best shape. Even with Edlyn cleaning it..." He apologized gently. "Ah, it's fine. Anyways, could I have your name?" I asked him. He nodded. "Of course. It's Van Hohenheim." He replied. "Thank you. I'd also like to ask for permission to speak with Edlyn." I added. "Of course." He replied. "In private." I stated. He seemed to hesitate before nodding. I smiled softly. "Thank you Sir." I said softly, before walking towards what looked like the kitchen. When I walked in, I saw her holding her hand in pain. "Edlyn? Are you alright?" I asked worriedly. "I just accidentally cut my hand that's all." She replied. "Where do you keep your bandages?" I asked. She pointed to a cabinet. "Over there." She replied. I nodded, and quickly grabbed them before asking to see her hand. I began to wrap it up. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your arm?" I asked softly.
Ed's POV
Panic washed over me. "I-I um....I tripped one day doing chores....and cut my arm on glass..." I explained softly. He nodded. "Okay. Well, your hand's all wrapped up." He replied. I couldn't help but laugh a little bit. "Talk about over coating." I chuckled. The prince looked at me, and then my hand. "Oh." He stated, realizing it was overly wrapped. I laughed softly again, and smiled softly at him. "I'll fix it later. But thanks anyway." I explained. He nodded. "And, can I ask you something....?" I asked softly. "Sure, go ahead." He replied. "What's....What's your name....?" I asked softly. Because of Hohenheim, I could never really know the prince's name. "It's Roy Mustang."