Black And Gold

Ed's POV
I smiled a little. 'Roy Mustang. Huh?' I thought. "Do you need help with anything? Seeing as to how your hand is like that." He chuckled softly. I nodded. "It'd be appreciated." I replied. He nodded and walked over. Together, we began to make lunch. "So, your an alchemist?" Roy asked. I nodded. "Yup. Me and my brother are anyway. My step sister Winry is an engineer." I replied. "How'd you learn it?" He asked. "Eh? Well, Al and I used to read our dad's books when we were little, and learned from those." I replied. "Ah. I trained under a teacher." Roy replied. "You know alchemy?!" I exclaimed. "Edlyn keep it down!" Hohenheim yelled, making me flinch a little. Then I realized just how badly it would end for me. "Yeah. I use flame alchemy." He replied. "Cool...I've read about flame alchemy." I stated in awe. He chuckled and then ruffled my hair softly. "I'll show you some time okay?" He asked. I nodded, blushing a little as he ruffled my hair. "Okay..." I replied. Once lunch was done, we brought it out to everyone. I called down Al and Winry. Winry was the first to come down. She practically gasped and almost fainted, but Al was there. Now that lunch was done, I had to go away, because peasants weren't allowed there.
Roy's POV
I watched in confusion as Edlyn left. "Where's Edlyn going?" I asked softly. Hohenheim looked at me. "Her? Oh, she doesn't like eating with us, so she leaves. It probably reminds her of her mother in some way." He replied. I nodded. 'Why do I get the feeling that there's more to the story....?' I thought. "I'd like to apologize for my daughters selfish actions." He stated. "Huh....?" I asked softly. "Forcing you to help her with lunch today. Your the guest. You shouldn't have been forced to help." He explained. "No, no. It's fine. I volunteered to help." I replied. He didn't reply. The rest of the day, Hakweye and I had gotten to know the family a bit. It had seemed that Hohenheim and Winry weren't related to Edlyn and Al by blood. Their mother, Trisha had married Hohenheim, and now he was their step father, and Winry was their step sister. During our conversation, I realized Edlyn never came back from wherever she went off too. I stood up. "I'll be right back." I said softly, leaving the room. I roamed around a bit before finally finding Edlyn. She was doing chores I assumed. "Edlyn." I quietly exclaimed. She looked at me. "R-Sir?" She asked, walking over. I chuckled a little. "Roy is fine." I replied. She nodded. "What are you doing out here?" She asked. "Well, you suddenly disappeared, so I wanted to make sure you were alright." I explained. Her eyes lit up softly for a minute. "Roy....can I ask for a favor?" She said quietly. "Of course, go ahead." I replied. "Can......Can you call me E-Ed....?" She trailed off.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took a bit to publish lol. I would've published this yesterday, but I've been tired lately, so I had to wait till I was awake enough XD. Anyways, hope you all enjoyed, and I'll see you guys next chapter! Bai!