Prolouge

When his pain stopped, he felt as if he was in another body. He looked down and noticed his claws were gone and now were replaced with fingers and he was no longer had scales rolling over his body. He turned when he felt a hand on his shoulder to see the woman who had took him in, in his time of need. He smiled at her and she smiled back as she slipped cloths on the small boy.

A wiper from behind him made him turn quickly. He went to run to her and hold her like he has see her parents do everytime they were not playing, but she just cowered away from him. Pain radiated threw his body as he felt the rejection for the first time.

"Do this," He hears from behind him, "She will remember your sent." He turned to see Drew, the woman who had token him in. She gently held his hand and slowly stretched it out to the scared pup that sat in her father, Darnell's arms.

He felt hatred towards him for the simple reason she chose her father's comfort over his. All that hatred went away when she jumped into his arms. Happiness spread threw his body as he held her.

He could only think of one word to represent this happy time. He knew not the whole meaning of the simple word but some how knew that it was needed to be said, so he said it.

Mate