Chapter 14

As the day went by Jamie had felt her body become heated. No, she thought, not now. She couldn't start it now, not in the middle of English. Couldn't it have at least waited for when they got home? Where her parents could help them.

Danny felt it. He feltthe frustration come from her. He could feel her body as it became heated. He looked around to see other male shifter turn and look at her as if she was a bag of meat. He was quick to react.

He stood up and grabbed Jamie and their things and went to the front of the room to explain to the teacher that they needed to leave, immediately. She understood and quickly sent the two home.

After signing both Jamie and him out they left. They jumped in the black 2009 Jeep Wrangler and headed home.

Danny knew that resisting the heat and mate bond was hard but in the vulnerable state he was in he broke. He quickly stops the jeep on the side of the road and pulls Jamie to him.

It was that day that the mate bond was completed.

The two were woken by banging on the jeep window. The sun was setting and Danny looked over to see that it was Drew. "Shit!" Danny yelled, waking Jamie up in the process.

Danny quickly dressed himself and his mate before getting out of the jeep. Jamie sat of, her face flushed of embarrassment. Her mother had just seen her and her mate naked after mating.

"What are you two doing on the side of the road!" Drew yelled at Danny when he closed the jeep door, "And why are you and my daughter nak-" Drew stops in her sentence and looks at Danny fight full. "You two mated," She says more to herself then to Danny, "Did you?"

Danny knew what she was asking, and he honestly didn't know. "I don't know," He says to her, "I remember leaving school because Jamie was starting her heat and I was trying to hurry her home. I should have called you and told you to come get us. My dragon has been getting pushy on finishing the mate bond because of he not doing it for so long and the last thing I remember is driving and feeling her body's heat. Next thing I know I wake up in the back seat with you banging on the window."

That is when reality hit him. His dragon took over. His dragon didn't understand the harm of fertilizing her. "Shit!" Danny yelled again. Hurrying into the jeep and making a U turn and heading back to town. Drew was in her 2009 Impala right behind them.

Danny hurried and drove to the closest store and bought a pregnancy test then sending Jamie into the bathroom with it. A few minutes passed and the test was finally finished. Danny was quick to look at it and when he did his heart fell and shattered.

His dragon was cheering but Danny didn't. It wasn't a time for celebrating, it was a time for choices.

At some point Danny would have to choose.

His mate.

His child.